advertisement

Kathy Kirby Dead

Dear Kathy, brazen-voiced sixties siren.

Her voice was an unlovely thing, but when called she could rise to the occasion - in 1965's Eurovision, she had a real belter with 'I Belong', replete with a fabulous arrangement, all Scott Walker strings and vibraphone, and looking astonishingly like a slippery-lipped young Annie Walker, she did us proud. Maybe in some interdimensional Eurovalhalla, she is even now being welcomed by Katie Boyle to her rightful seat amongst the chosen*.

Douze points, Kathy - missing you already ...

palp

*I know, - not quite dead yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
bit weird this one ..
but i used to get certain feelings down below when Cathy appeared on telly
Sadly missed just like Ingrid Pitt

I can imagine her wearing a suspender belt and looking on you favourably if you crossed her palm with 20 Kensitas and a large Dubonnet.

I imagine that she wouldn't take kindly to remarks like that.
Looks like one self assured lady to me. Could probably teach a few of the current female solo artists a trick or two.

andrew d, I'm assuming you don't know about poor Kathy's reputation? The affairs (Bruce Forsyth ... !?!), the rumours of Tom Jones's love child (she was hissed on stage when singing Secret Love) the drink, the drugs, the living on the street and the astonishing attempted lesbian marriage ceremony? She probably could teach current female solo artists a trick or two, but maybe not in the way you mean. 20 Kensitas wasn't the half of it.

palp

advertisement

Back