advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review (part II)

I am pleased to say that replacing the optical Rx unit on the amp has worked!

Top and bottom covers removed as well as that for the DAC board.
y4m-VrMLFxz5-D7p8w4o0AJ_4khKIhNMR9LWf0XB5DetudrUNeahsdKoXiq2Zj5BYWYjcsJUpU6PhxHHYA_U4hzq_ysUEDdR43wyazns-KtJY1ZHQfCaOe4Si2ABFGgxXjNXzh1WKd9K9aWZA4Q53ILiptXXkj1l25J7aLr796Y3ZCNPCIamuOpyDQAfmo4DEo_vxOoFkadcPomz2GwRoDNVg

'That' K2 interface.
y4mHGyFXK2nTJGUEAplL-lLNr44FFOm0jdOAAGNfg3hta_DMXB-N_U6YCW6rmipx86OfHZfaIF49enniotjI8azM1PGjM7fMoUV2SsooaaPM4keB4GOUN-bkCy-W7mRvkYLVNM-UEXj2jUFdola5BVUrI8Y-w3J9PL2wb6CM2nl9WUXlj0NkJfzB3-JgszQEwkS5J9Q43IadvuF0nbD_SfMcg

New on the left.
y4moOK6Mh_gCMB3L84eijcNQlTW4xYeYv7GMSj2-ZblBR2ujP_w2bPOQYSljbc_KRTw18uVIb-oItLpmOUIuFl_SmtY0rZ0WY0nBRLUloovnsz54tjCCA0M3U6Kz4Ahsof9MGq5K0R1-gcMY4qQTQaG_XSaz-eQUT6sI8-Vq-nWkgjTU5KM8PHJ3vfacA32UC97WWc_6Ge12fQHvFFOuTGuUw

Glad that replacement worked, haven't replaced mine yet but its on the cards since I melted it. BTW was the service manual the rather poor copy that's on the web? I can read my copy but if anyone has a nicer version that would be great.

Some good news.
My optical input does work after all - a proper decent toslink to mini toslink optical cable (rather than a cheap cable and an even cheaper adapter) means it now works lovely from my chromecast :)
Thanks @Bourneendboy - best £4 ever spent!!

A late bump to this thread.

I’m now enjoying an AX-Z1010tn too. I honestly didn’t expect these to be any good, and I’d planned to listen and then move on. That didn’t exactly go to plan. I love what the amp does and I’m delighted to reduce the box count by removing a separate phono stage and DAC from my rack.

The amp drives my Reference 3a MM De Capo i speakers with such ease. I love it’s large soundstage and flat response.
Its a great amp. The icing on the cake is the DAC and phono stage. The cherry on top is the build and finish. It’s a lovely thing to own.

It’s as good an amp as 99% will ever need.

advertisement

Back