advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review (part II)

Interesting to note no NOS ones have been on eBay for a while.
Either he’s run out or hoping to make a killing on the last few left.

My new optical socket arrived today and will fit at the weekend, fingers crossed.

Did the change out work? (interested as I managed to fry/melt the optical input on mine with 120v, (
don't ask!!)
Still works though but the connector wont stay in.

Just thought I’d make a comment about the DAC and DA Convertor Direct.
Listening to To The Bone by Steve Wilson on TIDAL Masters it’s very obvious when using DA direct.
The ability to hear instrument notes and timbre is much easier to determine.
It’s like taking off a the grill on a speaker, thats the best way I can describe it.
The soundstage just gets wider as one hears the nuances of the instruments better.
Makes music more enjoyable.

Hi,

there seems to be more that a few JVC AX1010 owners (myself included).

What speakers for a small room would you recomend to use with this amp?

I use Linn SARAs............my listening area is at the end of our living room; 2.5 m deep and 3m wide.
In all cases getting a speaker to work in the room is key, this usually means trying them out.

y4mK3Ikn28-goG41F4g1DzNXIirnaL5XLlgijP_S8t7n-1e3ZCHfhEUpsr4N5PlPVHXLNRPBCoP0c18bVfacChzxmVSU6cjCO35TFEa1uUg4ajgFmpkKNFmI8eRTC5qyHyCZnz9pvuVEj5t1HfY7CdFElwDP0XbD1xP6Dx5mzNM9aYCekAeY42lu-wDYopK3oAaAyEb6oNaZHvOxdXtCKn9Lw

I use mine with Kef 103/2. I reckon it'd work well with most speakers as it has lots of grunt. Wouldn't mind hearing what it does with Kans.

I'm using Royd Merlin with the JVC.
I also tried the Q Acoustics 3020 and was blown away. Boy do they pack a punch when played loud.
But I listen mostly a low volume and the Royds sound better that way.

Hi,

there seems to be more that a few JVC AX1010 owners (myself included).

What speakers for a small room would you recomend to use with this amp?

I'm using Harbeth p3esr's with the small Rel subwoofer ( TZERO) , sounds very good , would love to try the JVC with the Tannoy autograph mini's.

I'm using Harbeth p3esr's with the small Rel subwoofer ( TZERO) , sounds very good , would love to try the JVC with the Tannoy autograph mini's.

Wow - I'll bet it sounds great with the Harbeths... I've always fancied trying a pair and I love a good small speaker. Back in my Naim days I ran a set of active IBLs which were awesome.
How do the Harbeth's cope with more bass heavy, electronic music?

So - JVC owners - any tips to getting the best out of the amp?
I'm using bare wire speaker cable with the screw terminals but would bananas be better?
Feels like its fairly plug and play? Guessing there's not much more to it?..

advertisement

Back