advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review (part II)

The optical input on the amp appears to be broken..............
The digital board works as input 2 works OK on coax.
Can someone check if the optical input connector is supposed to be slighty loose in the back panel of the amp.
I've taken a look and nothing appears faulty but the input connector does move about a bit.

If you need to replace the optical input module the original PN is TORX172-VA, I believe that you can use the slightly more available (but obsolete) TORX173 as a replacement.

Just bought a 1010 and I'm really impressed :)

However I do think the optical input on mine isn't working either (co-ax is fine...)

@flatpopely can you let me know how you get on with yours please?..

Just taken out the optical Rx unit 'JVC RX172'. I'll source another one and let you know.
It's not hard to get out you just need the service manual.

Fab :)
Mine has a few other issues - definite bias towards the right channel and the remote won't work the volume. Plan is get it serviced and hopefully cover off all the issues at the same time...

Hi can anyone help, my Z1010 was working great but after not using for a week(holiday) I cannot get it to switch back on, I noticed when I first switched on the power button was fashing and later when I went back to it to play some tunes nothing no power, no lights nada!!
Has it went into standyby or something more sinister?
cheers Stuart

Have opened it up and for some reason the 5Amp power fuse keeps on blowing when switched on.

So without further ado, the award for the most helpful person on pfm goes to ............................ flatpopely.

Hmmm, further diagnostics required!
Unless you are qualified to do so I wouldn't go poking around inside.

The 5Amp fuse is blowing with nothing connected, I guess it must be something like output transistors or a gubbed transformer.

In this case I would be willing to take it on but it wouldn't be cheap. In the very unlikely case that it's the transformer there would be nothing I can do as I can't magic up obsolete parts from thin air....

Interesting to note no NOS ones have been on eBay for a while.
Either he’s run out or hoping to make a killing on the last few left.

My new optical socket arrived today and will fit at the weekend, fingers crossed.

advertisement

Back