advertisement

Jupiter Ensemble

Vinny

pfm Member
FAR too good just to catch the attention of those who browse the classical forum - superb album -

Thanks listened to both. The first one had its great moments including the ending, really like the second one perhaps more haven't heard Lute in classical much before (deliberately) so I'm not sure about the sound. I will perhaps come back to it. The piece is brilliantly accompanied.

LLLOL - all instruments with strings are a passion of mine, apart from harp. That being so, this gets my vote in spades.

If you take a look at the stringed instrument played by Thomas Dunford, you'll see that it has "two sets" of strings, one set with no fretboard, and a very long neck - it is a theorbo, the strings minus fretboard provide bass accompaniment, for want of better expression. It is built in exactly the same manner as a lute, just with extra strings.

Have you listened to any kora music, the "West African harp"? I also don't much like the harp, but love the kora.

;)

If anyone likes her music, buy via her website and links to an African music sales website. Otherwise they are a horrible price, if you can find them at all.

I am actually a real harp fan, so I guess we differ there. There were 3 harps at one point in a proms performance this year.

I will listen to the new stuff. I was planning to listen to every album in the 2019 albums thread, I'm getting distracted lol.

advertisement

Back