advertisement

Jungle / Drum and Bass track compilation thread :)

jamington2004

pfm Member
Struggling to find decent drum and bass online amongst all the chuff out there so though I’d start a thread :)

Only one rule - has to be proper good!! (whatever that means?)

Albums would be good too - decent ones
seem proper hard to come by!

I’ll get the ball rolling with a few gems new and old to get a feel my personal taste :)

I’ll post more as and when I’m in the mood.... hopefully everyone into the genre will find some corkers they don’t know!

TRACKS
Squarepusher - “my red hot car”
PHOTEK - Smoke rings
Sam Interface - Going in
Logistics - Jungle music
Optical - cut throat flow
Commix - time has come

ALBUM for starters.... Plug - Back on Time. At least 2/3 are proper good :)

@Vinny

Album-wise, a particular favourite which I have dug out tonight is:

Talvin Singh presents: Anoushka - Soundz OF the Asian Underground

I have to apologise I suspect. My taste in all music is so catholic that much of any genre that I like in particular, suits me very well.

That said my taste in D&B is more twowards the downbeat, trip-hop.

These may link to tracks but follow them to YouTube and they are playlists, almost all very much to my taste -

LOTS of other D&B playlists on there too.

Last edited:
Just got the 25th anniversary reissue today - Music on Vinyl - superb. Trip-hop but certainly a huge dose of D&B. Full album on YouTube if the link works to just one track -

I just stumbled on this - some totally cracking stuff (downbeat) on this - again, likely links to just the first track - follow to the playlist on YouTube -

LTJ Bukem logical Progression album is of course a stone cold classic. As is the 12 inch single Logical Progression which may have been his first release?

His Earth series were not so drum and bassy - a few jungly bits on them but mostly slower jazzy beats stuff

Have loads of stuff in the basement but no record player anymore..... and finding on line seems not so easy. Especially as I would prefer to listen via tidal than Youtube clips

advertisement

Back