advertisement

June Progmeister Show

Progmeister

The Progmeister
Join me on Sunday 11th June for some great tunes. I will be playing a couple of songs from the forthcoming album by Karnataka "Requiem For A Dream" and chatting to Ian Jones and Karnataka's new voice too. Don't miss it.
6pm UK time on Progzilla Radio

u2pLAMf.jpg

Listening to the show as I write this. Enjoying the music and, especially, the Karnataka interview. Crumbs, it was 20 years ago that I saw a previous incarnation of the band live in concert.

But unfortunately a technical problem with the show – the sound level is very low (a fairly common problem on progzilla) and I had to crank up the volume knob just to be able to hear it.

Hi Check out the Podcast here to see if is any better. I have listened to the show and others all evening and if anything i had to turn it down. How are you listening to my show?
I listened to the whole show today on the podcast and thought the sound level was slightly better than when listening live on Sunday. Throughout the podcast the level of the music and jingles was good. The problem was with the level of Steve’s voice where it was consistently lower than the music. In the section after the Enigma Division it was particularly quiet but improved slightly as the podcast went on.

The equipment I use is streaming from Firefox on a Windows 10 tablet, fed by USB into a Chord M-Scaler and into a Chord Hugo TT2 which I use as a DAC and amp driving ProAc floor standing D20R speakers. The volume knob on the Chord is distinctive as it glows with a colour that changes with the setting. It means it’s easy to see where the knob is set and for me it’s vivid yellow. Benchmarking against other shows: Capital Radio, Magic and Heart are all at the same sound level and sound good with vivid yellow volume. Some shows on progzilla are similarly good – for example Prog Mill, Prog Bus, the Lost Art and Prog Watch – and the same volume level is fine. Other shows are not so good (I’m only talking about sound volume) such as Stevie Iona and especially the Ancient One which is almost unlistenable but doesn’t seem to have been on for a while.

Overall, the music on the Progmeister Show was great except for the Enigma Division which I had to skip past. Recommended to every fan of prog rock.

advertisement

Back