Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Judith Durham RIP

Discussion in 'music' started by Wolfmancatsup, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

2. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Sad to read this. My parents were big fans of the Seekers so they form some of my earliest memories of music.
    RIP

3. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Oh that's really sad. I remember my parents having a couple of their albums, and as an 8-year old I often played them on my first little record player. I completely fell in love with the beautiful woman on the album cover.

RIP Judith.

4. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

RIP Judith. You had a fabulous voice.

This is a bit spooky for me to see this, as I flew to Cyprus on holiday on Wednesday afternoon. During the flight, I was playing bits of various 'Best of' compilations, one of which was the Seekers. I recalled while playing them that Judith had many health issues in the past, and I wondered if she was still alive. Seems I now have the answer.

Fantastic range on this:

5. Olaup

Olaup pfm Member

As a long haired youth in the 70s I could not let it be known that I loved both Judith Durham & Karen Carpenters voices on most stuff that would have been called MOR.

Sad news but she had a good innings & will be remembered by a lot of people throughout the world.

Snufkin and Wolfmancatsup like this.
  6. monkfish

monkfish Tory enabler

RIP Judith, I loved her vocals and their harmony singing, they were still sounding good on their
    farewell tour in 2013.

JohnyT and narabdela like this.
  7. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I was long haired in the 70s too, but never hid my love for The Carpenters! Saw them twice in the week that they played the Palladium in, I think, 1976.

8. Andy Stephenson

Andy Stephenson pfm Member

What a voice! Lovely harmonies too. One of my mother's best albums that I played often.

As a band should have been much bigger.

RIP Judith

9. monkfish

monkfish Tory enabler

They were eclipsed by the new seekers and all that coca cola shite.

Andy Stephenson likes this.
  10. JohnyT

JohnyT Active Member

Sad too see her go.

11. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

The Seekers had class, as for the New Seekers….hmmmm.

RIP Judith