advertisement

Judith Durham RIP

Sad to read this. My parents were big fans of the Seekers so they form some of my earliest memories of music.
RIP

Oh that's really sad. I remember my parents having a couple of their albums, and as an 8-year old I often played them on my first little record player. I completely fell in love with the beautiful woman on the album cover.

RIP Judith.

RIP Judith. You had a fabulous voice.

This is a bit spooky for me to see this, as I flew to Cyprus on holiday on Wednesday afternoon. During the flight, I was playing bits of various 'Best of' compilations, one of which was the Seekers. I recalled while playing them that Judith had many health issues in the past, and I wondered if she was still alive. Seems I now have the answer.

Fantastic range on this:

As a long haired youth in the 70s I could not let it be known that I loved both Judith Durham & Karen Carpenters voices on most stuff that would have been called MOR.

Sad news but she had a good innings & will be remembered by a lot of people throughout the world.

As a long haired youth in the 70s I could not let it be known that I loved both Judith Durham & Karen Carpenters voices on most stuff that would have been called MOR.

Sad news but she had a good innings & will be remembered by a lot of people throughout the world.
I was long haired in the 70s too, but never hid my love for The Carpenters! Saw them twice in the week that they played the Palladium in, I think, 1976.

What a voice! Lovely harmonies too. One of my mother's best albums that I played often.

As a band should have been much bigger.

RIP Judith

advertisement

Back