advertisement

JPW Gold Monitor speakers

Blurboy

pfm Member
I've just bought some of these speakers for the princely sum of £20 and I honestly can't wait for them turn up so I can get my grubby mitts on them. I've heard nothing but good praise for them and I believe there's some simple little tweaks that will further improve on the sound they make so I'll do a little TLC on the cabinets and let you know what they sound like after :D

That's one pair of speakers I regret getting rid of - they're really good for the money and image really well (at least, in the room I used them in back in the day). I've got a pair of Maxamps on this computer as well which sound vaguelly similar...

Blurboy - could I ask what tweaks you have in mind and, of course, how you get on ?
I have seen mention that they benefit from a little more stuffing and also internal dampening. I had been thinking of adding some bituminous roofing felt glued to the inside panels myself, is that what you had in mind ? Eventually I was going to check the bass resonance so that I could try the Linkwitz trick to equalise to add maybe half an octave of bass response.

advertisement

Back