advertisement

Joshua or Klit?

fay spook

pfm Member
If AJ goes after him he will have a fight on his hands. He needs to use his boxing skills. He needs to think about how Fury won. He needs to hope 41 is old and make Klit work but Klit is no mug. Absolutely no mug.

They both come across as nice people.

Really looking forward to it. NOW

Edit AJ needs to move his head

Agreed. I didn't see the fight going the way it did. Klit showed his class but AJ showed a fighters instinct to keep going. It's when people say warrior. As they're saying now, those big punches was the only way AJ was going to win from that position. Great fight. Hopefully AJ will have learnt from this and becomes a better fighter.

Next a unifier with Wilder. Fury. Then a Klit rematch.

I only caught the last four rounds on the radio. I think this was an epic match and stunning result. Kilt and his camp thought Fury was a chump and didn't bother to train properly. This time he really took it seriously. It could have gone either way. I expect AJ learned a lot. However, I don't think he is ready for Wilder yet.

Catch the earlier rounds. It was a great contest.

I think AJ learnt an awful lot in this fight. You a right with thinking Wilder is another challenge. AJ won through having the punch and being able to deliver. He didn't figure out Klit as well as I had hoped and that will be his problem with Wilder. But don't underestimate someone who can deliver a punch, take a punch and knows how to get through being hit. He does need to get more ring time.

I am helping train a workmate for a white collar bout and I am working on giving him strategies. We don't know if he will face a brawler or the crafty Traveller stooge. AJ needed this range of options. (I am NOT comparing me with AJ!). Hearing his training interviewed and they had the bout a bit more in control than it appeared.

Well that could have gone either way.

Wlad looked physically in great shape, but right from the start looked tired. And then Joshua seemed to completely run out of steam in the 5th, then took a big hit in the 6th, and after that, he looked like he was struggling.

I think Wlad might even have been marginally ahead on points until he finally went down.

It might be a good time for Wlad to hang up his gloves now. I think at 41yrs old, he is going to struggle to compete against younger opponents.

Radio only for me, looking forward to seeing the whole bout.

Thought his after fight interview was classic, a true champ.

Bloss

I only caught the last few rounds, Joshua looked like he didn't quite know how to use his immense talent, if he learns from this he will be good! Respect to Klitschko, he can not only throw a punch he can take one too!

It looked like a fight worth watching again and again.

AJ clobbered Klit with one muthaf***ing uppercut in the last round that was so painful to watch let alone experience. Until that point I though Klit might pull it off in the later rounds. His experience seemed to be pulling him through.

That uppercut though, bloody hell.

It is amazing what AJ has achieved for such a young a boxer. He's a real star and comes across as a really nice guy.

Jack

Epic fight. Two class guys. AJ's post fight speech was very respectful to everyone involved.

AJ is star material. Still lots to learn but has had very little ring time. Agree with Steve Bunce, he needs to go stateside to get better sparring partners to avoid being such an open target. And to develop a good jab.

I just watched a brief clip that showed *that* uppercut - how on earth Vlad's head remained attached never mind how on earth he stayed on his feet is beyond me... an aberration in the laws of physics right there!

I'm glad they managed to sell the fight based on it being a good contest rather than some fake hatred. The crowed reacted to Klit very well at the end- probably helped by the home fighter winning.

a very decent scrap, credit to both boxers. AJ is a terrific athlete but I'm pretty sure he's too easy to hit. My late father was a big fight fan and always focused on the defensive qualities of the pugilists... 'anyone can hit you lad but can you take a couple?' was his mantra...

the fight could have gone either way in the 5/6th I thought but aye, that uppercut

https://twitter.com/theJeremyVine/status/858452618976382976

In fact, there's probably more power in an AJ uppercut than there is in the entire North Korean space programme - that's how mighty it was!

I wasn't prepared to pay £20 to watch it live. They still want £20 to watch a recording. A bit steep given the result is known.

Ahem..actually not sure we're allowed to mention such things here having reread the FAQs once again - I'm still not sure if streaming copyrighted material is actually illegal, but for the sake of the cautious approach for TonyL, have deleted.

Robs - Fair point. Deleted.

From what Ive read about this it seems a very complicated legal area.

Steve

advertisement

Back