1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Jorors DIY-Audio

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by jororaitchev, May 15, 2019.

1. I will start the presentation with one project, which is in the initial phase, but has undergone several conceptual changes-"J&N"-2.
    In order to save your time, I will allow myself a clarification:
    -Everything in this project- idea, design the filters and the overall workmanship of the cabinets to the last detail was done by my hands.Not used "CNC" machine and 3D program.
    First option:
    I started with measurement simulations;
    N-1 graph characteristics of the speaker without filter,we have a peak of 106 dB. N-2 graph shows the transfer characteristic of the filter in the frequency band 50-100 Hz is above the 0 dB level. It is useful to understand why in the passive filter the transmission ratio is greater than one? The answer to this question is given by a comparison of the input resistances . The minimum value of the input resistance of the speakers with filters (red curve) at a frequency of 90 Hz is 3.2 ohms. This is an acceptable value. If I select the cutoff frequency of the filter below, for example 200Hz, the input resistance will decrease to about 2 ohms. This will be too much load on the amplifier. The costs of creating or acquiring such an amplifier will be unacceptably high. A decrease in volume will also lead to a decrease in the input resistance, but to a lesser extent.
    N-3 graph shows the sound pressure of 90dB of two W26FX001 speakers with a filter at an input voltage of 2.83V. It's not hard to guess that if we simulate the filter for the W18EX001 speaker, we will get a sound pressure of no more than 86 dB at an input voltage of 2.83 V. If we remain in the concept of building an AS with filters on passive elements, we will have to reconsider the choice of the mid-frequency dynamics, or to refuse 1 woofer speakers- W26FX001.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1046794425475324/?ref=bookmarks

2. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Not everyone has a Facebook account...

3. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

I don't.

4. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Neither do I.

5. Sorry for the post, its my mistake, please the moderators to close the topic!
    P.S.
    I haven't "twitter" registration.

6. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Hey, don't let us put you off - new input is always valued!

You'd just have to host your pictures elsewhere, and link to that host (via your own webspace, or any image host for example via Photobucket, Flikr etc - but not FB) to display here with any text you post

(how-to link images: https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/help/bb-codes)

john.luckins and h.g. like this.
  7. Thank you for your attention, but this way of sharing on this site is not mine, sorry for my gaff!
    P.S.
    I wish success on the site, when you make it more communicative, I will come.

8. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Your loss I suspect.

9. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

I think you will find that a large proportion of mature adults do not use facebook and, more importantly, do not intend to use facebook for both good and bad reasons. If you wish to communicate with the majority of people in the UK with a hobby interest in hi-fi then trying to communicate via a facebook group is not going to be successful.

Fair enough if you are not interested but facebook is closed and this site is open and so if this site is to use facebook to communicate it is facebook that needs to become communicative not this site.

Shadders likes this.
  10. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Joro, I apologise if I made you feel unwelcome. You've made the journey here so why not stay a while and show us your project.

stevec67 and booja30 like this.
  11. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Yes, stay around. The FB group you link to says it's closed, so I don't think that is going to work.

12. I have no idea why you're surprised?
    This a closed group with very few members, from different world geographic areas.
    If everything in this site was normal as an opportunity to publish/ and we had the right sense of contact/, that address would not be needed, but alas, things are not like that.
    P.S.
    I have registrations in other DIY Audio groups on the island and I think I was able to make the right contact there, without posting the address of my group- at least at the beginning.
    I apologize, my English is not good, but I do what I can, sorry!.

13. timH

timH Senior Moment Member

Facebook has been widely exposed as very sloppy with regards to security, inadequate with regards to ethics and only interested in selling data. The opposite of pfm. No way will I join Facebook to look at a few pictures which with very little effort can be linked to here (postimage.org is simple enough that I can use it).

14. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Joro, I would very much like to see your DIY, but I don't have a Facebook account and so cannot open your link (I don't have a Twitter account either).

15. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Joro, you can actually get a link from your photos on Facebook and link them here in IMG tags and they will show up. Just open an image you uploaded to facebook. Right lic and copy the link. Back over here select the image icon above and then past in the link you previously copied.

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]
    Okay, you win!
    Here's a picture, if it's interesting, I'll go on ...

orangeart and Marra like this.
  17. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

It's very interesting! Please do go on

18. Marra

Marra pfm Member

Stunning work. Please show more.

19. Quote/ Jororaitchev/:
    ".......N-3 graph shows the sound pressure of 90dB of two W26FX001 speakers with a filter at an input voltage of 2.83V. It's not hard to guess that if we simulate the filter for the W18EX001 speaker, we will get a sound pressure of no more than 86 dB at an input voltage of 2.83 V. If we remain in the concept of building an AS with filters on passive elements, we will have to reconsider the choice of the mid-frequency dynamics, or to refuse 1 woofer speakers- W26FX001".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My final choice is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

glenn jarrett and Marra like this.
  20. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Nice, I think I'd have just shelves the 2 woofers down 6dB to meet with the single mid range a sort of Linwitz transform. You would have of course lost sensitivity but they will still be bloody loud and dynamic and of course you'd effectively gain an octave of extension down low in terms of flat response. Even better if you can hide this shelving as part of the crossover main filter/baffle step frequency..

I'm looking forward to seeing more build photos. Did you CNC or hand route?