advertisement

Jools Tonight

Have Fun

pfm Member
Anyone listening to Jools Holland tonight? Radio 2

Stop what you are doing or catch it on i player - fascinating.

honestly ive given up on this prog now: dont tell me, a botoxed oldie, a past it uk embarrassment, two weak-as-child's-piss awful Uk indies, a malian band that sounds, well, like the last malian band, and rescued somewhat by one american act.

am i right or am i right?

Apologies el capatino looks like its not available on i player

Listen:Availability:
Sorry, this programme is not available to listen again. (why?)

Last broadcast yesterday, 22:30 on BBC Radio 2.

Synopsis Jools Holland is joined by the multi-talented composer and musician Ryuichi Sakamoto. He improvises on the piano with Jools and the band.

no apologies
He improvises on the piano with Jools and the band.
no apologies needed HF. thats enough to make my teeth gnash right there.

actually dead weather were v good, so it can have its moments, but 8/10ths of each later.. with the mute on = a good music prog? no.

grump. we want new music, fresh bands, diverse mix. something even -vaguely- reminiscent of the late JPeel ain't asking alot lets face it; there's 1000's of fine bands out there needing an opportunity/ no-one gives a sh*t its clear to me, as all we get is Annie Lummox crooning with Jools' boogie woogie scmoogie arsebanditry.

bbc needs a boot right up its smug chuff.

goodnight:).

I completely agree with you.

The Later show is bloody appalling, although The Dead Weather were okay ... which is why I went to see them play live.

The most interesting programme I saw last week was a documentary about Baroness Pannonica "Nica" de Koenigswarter, a member of the Rothschild family.

Upon hearing a record by Thelonius Monk while visiting New York, she decided to stay and left her husband.

She wasn't Monk's lover but looked after him though his periods of instability. She even took a drug rap for him so he wouldn't lose his Cabaret Card.

Pannonica used her wealth to help out members of the jazz scene when they had nothing to eat or were being evicted due to lack of rent. Charlie Parker died in her hotel apartment.

It was great learn that Monk was the musical godfather of bebop, although Charlie Parker is known as the genre's main-man.

Interesting enough, Monk's son, TS, says that Parker wasn't a nice bloke and this wasn't just due to his drug addiction.

Anyhow, The Baroness was a quite moving. It was directed extremely well by Hannah Rothschild.

Jools is just a c--t.

Jack

I thought The Baroness was great as well when I saw it a few weeks back. Though anything with Monk in it is essential viewing in my book.

advertisement

Back