advertisement

Jools - Later is back

Pinky

In suspense, not compressed
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this but I've just noticed that 'Later Live' is back on tonight so this is a heads up for those interested.

According to my TV guide it features Paul Weller, The Maccabees, Ceu, Paul Buchanan, Willis Earl Beal.

Fingers crossed that it's good!

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this but I've just noticed that 'Later Live' is back on tonight so this is a heads up for those interested.

According to my TV guide it features Paul Weller, The Maccabees, Ceu, Paul Buchanan, Willis Earl Beal.

Fingers crossed that it's good!

Saw the Maccabees live a few months back, was a good gig and a very pleasant surprise. Will check em out on Julie Holland

Brilliant! Thanks for the hu. Wifey can watch apprentice then I can watch sometime entertaining. Cheers :)

I hope you don't think that I meant it's on Wednesday - I made the post on Tuesday! Maybe you've recorded it? The longer length non live version is on Friday (23:50, BBC2) if you did miss it.

I've yet to watch it myself as I recorded it.

Oh dear, I hope that doesn't mean you're going to have to watch The Apprentice tonight :eek:

Barron, Joe & Rasher,

They have more talent in their little finger than you lot have combined.

Well, at least Jools managed to restrain himself when accompanying Paul Buchanan.
The rest of the show - NFM.

Well, at least Jools managed to restrain himself when accompanying Paul Buchanan.
The rest of the show - NFM.

Yeah that was a miracle- I was expecting him to turn into Fats Waller any second.

Paul Buchanan's album btw is out as a nice 2000 copy limited 2CD set from his site.

Who is more crap - Weller or Jools?

They deserve each other.

Jack

I haven't had the misfortune to see Holland live but I saw Weller against my wishes last year and I was bored shitless. The show only picked up when he did the Beatles Ticket to ride and Pretty Flamingo not to mention another cover by a guest; thats how bad it was.
I saw Weller on later once getting a hard on for a young drummer out of another band, boy was Weller creepy.

Barron, Joe & Rasher,

They have more talent in their little finger than you lot have combined.

Irrelevant.

I haven't directed a movie but that should not prevent me from having an opinion as to whether a movie I watch is good or bad or indifferent.

Likewise with music.

Likewise with art.

And I imagine you have a likewise opinion to this.

I will allow you that opinion. Will you allow me mine?

I'm not aware of Paul Weller having released anything notable since the mid/late 90s, so in that respect he's living on past glories.

However the Jam were a great band, and his first 3 solo albums were absolutely tremendous so clearly the guy is pretty talented, even if he's a bit full of himself and past his sell by.

I saw Paul Weller's band on sunset blvd in LA in about '97 and it was a great gig. He also did a tremendous slot on "Later with Jools" in the late 90s.

Some of you may not care for the guy, but with the Jam, Style Council and solo gigs under his belt calling him crap or talentless just makes you look petty and jealous.

Sean, well said.

Joe

There is a great deal of music which I don't enjoy, eg New Orleans Jazz I just don't get. However, I appreciate that the musicians have talent, more talent that I can even imagine. I would never denigrate them as you have. Not your cup of tea, fine.

advertisement

Back