advertisement

Jonathan Wilson - Gentle Spirit

moomaloo

pfm Member
I really like this album (though not the cover...). I've noticed that it's available on vinyl. Does anyone here have the vinyl issue and is it any good?

Ta!

One of my albums of 2011 - my pressing was excellent , as was the music. May play it tonight actually. Thanks for the reminder.

Tony

Brilliant on vinyl, really superb and recorded on all analogue equipment. Going to see him live in Manchester on 1st feb.

Got this on a recommendation by a friend and it arrived today.......1st play tonite - very nice enjoyable evening wind down album. very relaxing melonchollie well produced album.
said with glass of red wine in one hand and a cigar in the other.

JW is in session with Cerys Matthews this morning on BBC 6 - the rest of her show is generally very good as well

Cheers

Tony

Old thread, but recently picked this up on cd and it’s a fantastic album. Mix is a bit weird in places, but overall sounds great!

Whoops, I was talking about Fanfare. I also have Gentle Spirit, but at the moment I'm all about the Fanfare album. That album is a strange one, very good, but like a mashup of Alan Parsons Project, early/mid-period Fleetwood Mac, Steven Wilson and Pink Floyd, with a dash of Americana.

Both those albums are fantastic, probably my two favourites of the last decade. Beautiful sounding as well. Have to say though, that the two that he's put out since, Rare Birds and Dixie Blur, have been underwhelming to my ears.

advertisement

Back