advertisement

Johnny Walker Black Label

avole

The wise never post on Internet forums
Bought some because it was on special in my local delhaize.

Heavily out of fashion, but, God, it's good!

It`s as good as the red is poor, in my opinion. Excellent stuff.
First had a half bottle as a thank you for for fixing the divisional directors radio in his R type Bentley.

Lonesome George Throrogood is a fan as well.

"The other day I got invited to a party
But I stayed home instead
Just me and my pal Johnny Walker
And his brothers Blackie and Red..."

It`s as good as the red is poor, in my opinion. Excellent stuff.
First had a half bottle as a thank you for for fixing the divisional directors radio in his R type Bentley.

Divisional director, a Bentley, he really should have given you a whole bottle, if not a case!

When I drank spirits, JW black label was my all time favourite, and can be sipped neat no problem, lovely stuff but very expensive now.
I seem to remember years (a lot of) ago, red label was the export brand and more expensive and harder to get at the time, then they switched to black being the premium brand, which it has remained. Red label appears to be very scarce in these parts nowadays (I still check out the whisky depts now and again to compare prices for presents).

Got a bottle of green label here that I very occasionally crack open, don't hold my drink well due to medications but the green label is a nice way to soften awareness of ones extremities.

Got a bottle of green label here that I very occasionally crack open, don't hold my drink well due to medications but the green label is a nice way to soften awareness of ones extremities.

Never tried green label, how does it compare to black or red ?.

It's smoother, there are a ton of technical terms I could parrot out and it would mean nothing but its completely not what you expect with a blend. It's more complex as you would expect but less on an assault on the senses as you get with JW red.

This is what I got plus a Nikon DSLR for my LP collection (apart from insurance of course)

alch(ohol)emy by eponamusic, on Flickr

The Bowmore islay is my fave of this lot. Age is no guage and the Macallan is very very very good, vanilla-soft. It spurred a great interest in Whisky and the Edinburgh Whisky society is a must if you want to really start learning. I can't hold my liquor so its gonna take a while to use it all up.

The good stuff shares well... You want to savor and experience and let other people enjoy.

It's smoother, there are a ton of technical terms I could parrot out and it would mean nothing but its completely not what you expect with a blend. It's more complex as you would expect but less on an assault on the senses as you get with JW red.

This is what I got plus a Nikon DSLR for my LP collection (apart from insurance of course)

alch(ohol)emy by eponamusic, on Flickr

The Bowmore islay is my fave of this lot. Age is no guage and the Macallan is very very very good, vanilla-soft. It spurred a great interest in Whisky and the Edinburgh Whisky society is a must if you want to really start learning. I can't hold my liquor so its gonna take a while to use it all up.

The good stuff shares well... You want to savor and experience and let other people enjoy.

I'll hold it for you , Fox:):)

Chris

Divisional director, a Bentley, he really should have given you a whole bottle, if not a case!

It was a whole bottle but there were two of us involved and it was the civil service so we thought we`d done O.K. especially as he paid us the going rate for the valves which came from workshop stock.

And he was Australian.

advertisement

Back