advertisement

Joe Jackson Band

RustyB

Registered Ginga
Saw these guys last night and they were awesome. I'd recommend anyone who was into JJ in the early 80's to see them if you can. To hear those great songs performed by the consummate muscians they now are was a very special treat.

Totally agree, went to see them in Bristol, they were wonderful, unfortunately (or fortunately) venue was about half empty. Lots of people missed out on a great night!!

Cheers

Nick

Seconded!

Saw them in Hamburg on a lazy summer evening just a few weeks ago, wonderful after all this s*** in the 90´s.

Great band, good new songs, and JJ totally relaxed.

Recommended.

Gernot

I remember bumping into Mr Jackson on more than one one occasion in Gaz's Rockin' Blues - at the bar if memory serves.
<sigh>Those were the days</sigh>

I agree - the last album he did, despite some people's comments, is a stonkingly good listen, that will have you bouncing around the room, along with your speakers, if you're not careful.

I've tripped up at least one very expensive system with this disc recently ;)

Andy.

Haven't got the new album yet, but even hearing them for the first time the new songs were great; "Thugs R Us" great piss-take, The Man hasn't lost his sense of humour!

Yep, that's a great tune, with some great lyrics.

The whole album just keeps getting better with each listen, and there's a good balance between slow, thoughtful ballads and balls-out rocky numbers, all with the usual wit and intelligence to the lyrics.

The CD I bought came with a bonus Live disc, that's great too, as it contains some old classics, the band is as tight as ever.

Andy.

advertisement

Back