advertisement

[IC] Job INT Integrated amp/DAC

notevenclose

pfm Member
Their capitalisation, not mine.

Built by Goldmund, in Switzerland. Job products (there was a pre and power amps as well) are now discontinued, but basically they were a project by Goldmund 'recycling' older versions of their amp circuit in simpler cases without the Goldmund bling and sold factory-direct. Basically it's a Metis 7 in a pair of joggers.
Happily though you do get the sexy Goldmund 'feel' to the controls because they'd already invested in the tooling.

Basically it's this one: https://6moons.com/audioreviews2/job3/1.html

NB. Review refers to the original version of the INT which converted the analogue input to digital, later production models abandoned that idea and left wavy analogue things resolutely wavy (as is only right and proper). Obviously mine is a later one or I wouldn't be mentioning it.

Onboard DAC is surprisingly decent, I prefer my CDP as an integrated player rather than digital out to the Job (SP/DIF) but when I was using both a Melco and a Mac mini (both via USB) I preferred the Job over the digital inputs on the CDP and a Metrum Octave MK2 DAC I had at the time.

Job and Boenicke were considered an admirable combination back in the day.

Immaculate condition, with nice metal remote (volume up/down & mute), same style as Weiss used to supply.

Comes in f***ing enormous Goldmund box with all original packaging.

£900 plus delivery.

advertisement

Back