advertisement

Joan Baez touring the UK

GT

pfm Member
Anyone see Joan Baez in concert last night in Oxford?

It was one of, if not the best concerts I have ever attended.

She is travelling the UK performing in small intermit venues - mostly theatres. If you want to hear one of the greatest female voices of all time then try to get to see her on this tour. I guarantee you will not be disappointed, and not moved by her astonishingly pure voice. She spent 2 hours on stage without a break playing most of her famous hits including Diamonds and Rust – not bad for a 68 year old. She played solo for about 30% of the time - just singing and playing her guitar as well as a couple of numbers acapella style. The band is very lightly miked up with all acoustic instruments and with excellent amplification and 2 small arrays of speakers, one either side of the stage. The sound was excellent as was the performance.

Anyone see Joan Baez in concert last night in Oxford?

It was one of, if not the best concerts I have ever attended.

She is travelling the UK performing in small intermit venues - mostly theatres. If you want to hear one of the greatest female voices of all time then try to get to see her on this tour. I guarantee you will not be disappointed, and not moved by her astonishingly pure voice. She spent 2 hours on stage without a break playing most of her famous hits including Diamonds and Rust – not bad for a 68 year old. She played solo for about 30% of the time - just singing and playing her guitar as well as a couple of numbers acapella style. The band is very lightly miked up with all acoustic instruments and with excellent amplification and 2 small arrays of speakers, one either side of the stage. The sound was excellent as was the performance.
I will be seeing Joan in my home town Salisbury on the 11th November - can't wait.

I'm taking my father-in-law to see her next Tuesday. Not fussed myself, but I'm open-minded...

advertisement

Back