advertisement

JJ Cale- Stay around

martin dawson

pfm Member
A couple of weeks ago I bought this latest JJ Cale album released by his widow and band member Christine Lakeland. JJ Cale was such a gifted singer/ songwriter and guitarist whose music was often plundered by Eric Clapton. This album has a collection of his last recordings I’ve been playing regularly over this weekend some lovely songs beautiful stuff.

Regards,

Martin

A couple of weeks ago I bought this latest JJ Cale album released by his widow and band member Christine Lakeland. JJ Cale was such a gifted singer/ songwriter and guitarist whose music was often plundered by Eric Clapton. This album has a collection of his last recordings I’ve been playing regularly over this weekend some lovely songs beautiful stuff.

Regards,

Martin

I'm not sure plundered is the right word. I'm not a big fan of EC, but, unlike, say, Jimmy Page, I think anything he covered he did so with full credit, respect and reverence and JJ Cale stated on more than one occasion how delighted he was with the freedom his Clapton royalties provided.

I adore the music of JJ Cale, though, and will be checking this out the next time I get the house to myself.

EC might have helped his royalties but I found his version of Cocaine a poor imitation of the original only my opinion.

Regards,

Martin

EC might have helped his royalties but I found his version of Cocaine a poor imitation of the original only my opinion.

Regards,

Martin

Fair dos. As crimes against music go, though, its a poor second to making a boring album and getting Ry Cooder to play on it (Money and Cigarettes) :)

advertisement

Back