advertisement

Jerry Seinfeld

Woodface

pfm Member
Any love for Seinfeld latest 'vehicle', 'Comedians in cars getting coffee'. I have burned through all the episodes on Netflix & loved it. Laugh out loud funny, some good chat & very nice cars. I was a big fan of his sitcom, one of the best ever & love the way he doesn't pretend to be anything that he's not. He is also the richest 'actor' in the world, worth $960 million!

I certainly enjoyed it back in the day, not sure how well it stands nowadays though. Maybe I should revisit.
I do remember “The Implant” and “ The Abstinence” both being a great laugh!

A clever way of getting the topic of topless female sun bathing past the censors. :) :)

Will definitely check out Seinfeld’s Netflix show.

I watched one episode and wasn't much into it, perhaps I should give it another chance.
Definitely one of the top comedians of my time, Kramer was my favourite character.

Any love for Seinfeld latest 'vehicle', 'Comedians in cars getting coffee'. I have burned through all the episodes on Netflix & loved it. Laugh out loud funny, some good chat & very nice cars. I was a big fan of his sitcom, one of the best ever & love the way he doesn't pretend to be anything that he's not. He is also the richest 'actor' in the world, worth $960 million!

I love it. I was (and am, almost obsessively) a huge fan of the original show.

Sometimes CiCGC feels a little self-congratulatory, but a lot of the time it's very interesting and often laugh-out loud. The Obama one (for instance) is excellent.

Of the new series, the Eddie Murphy one is interesting. Clearly they know each other very well from the NYC comedy circuit of the eighties, but you also get a distinct feeling that a lot of conditions were placed on the programme by the Murphy camp.

My favourite is the Jim Carrey

So much barely contained contempt.

The scene in the Eddie Murphy episode where the pair are taking the piss out of homeless people achieved the near impossible, of making me hate him just a little bit more.

The Jerry Lewis was special.

I really enjoy the program!

Some pretty good bits, some not so much.
Pretty inconsistent from what I have watched with SWMBO.

My favourite is the Jim Carrey

So much barely contained contempt.

The scene in the Eddie Murphy episode where the pair are taking the piss out of homeless people achieved the near impossible, of making me hate him just a little bit more.

The Jerry Lewis was special.

I really enjoy the program!
I thought the homeless jokes were funny, tbf, Murphy was mocking the absurdity of camping more than the homeless. This doesn't mean I hate homeless people or think they deserve to be so, just to be clear.

I love it. I was (and am, almost obsessively) a huge fan of the original show.

Sometimes CiCGC feels a little self-congratulatory, but a lot of the time it's very interesting and often laugh-out loud. The Obama one (for instance) is excellent.

Of the new series, the Eddie Murphy one is interesting. Clearly they know each other very well from the NYC comedy circuit of the eighties, but you also get a distinct feeling that a lot of conditions were placed on the programme by the Murphy camp.
It is definitely self congratulatory, I would say that is part of the whole conceit of the programme; I actually prefer by that to false modesty. Did you see the episode with the weird cabaret lady where Jerry lays into one of her 'comedy friends', she was obviously very uncomfortable about that. I really liked the fact that Seinfeld is probably one of the few people on the planet who would not be in awe of Eddie Murphy's house; he just walked in looked around, shrugged his shoulders.

I watched one episode and wasn't much into it, perhaps I should give it another chance.
Definitely one of the top comedians of my time, Kramer was my favourite character.
I was laid up a little while ago & burned through quite a lot of early episodes, give another go, Jerry does take himself very seriously but I find it all the more amusing for it.

My favourite Seinfeld quote was when he and Kramer are in the New York Public Library. Kramer looks around for a few seconds, then says 'The Dewey Decimal scheme. Boy, what a scam that was'.

Alec Baldwin one is my fave so far but I like most of them.

Old Seinfeld was some of my favourite comedy. The one where George reads a book on the can and can't return it because the system says it's been in the toilet. Hysterical!

Alec Baldwin one is my fave so far but I like most of them.

Old Seinfeld was some of my favourite comedy. The one where George reads a book on the can and can't return it because the system says it's been in the toilet. Hysterical!
Alec Baldwin is very, very funny. "If I lived in your house, I'd have phone installed by the pool just so I could say 'no' to everyone who called". Probably not the exact quote. George & the whale is a highlight for me (among many).

Alec Baldwin is very, very funny. "If I lived in your house, I'd have phone installed by the pool just so I could say 'no' to everyone who called". Probably not the exact quote. George & the whale is a highlight for me (among many).
Great line by Baldwin. Of course he cemented his status as hysterical with the Cheetoh caricatures! We could spend weeks tallking about our favourite lines/episodes of Seinfeld. Maybe even years!

advertisement

Back