advertisement

Jeremy Hardy

I just saw that as 'Breaking News' on the website. Sad news, I saw him live once and he was just as good. RIP

A great, intensely amusing, raconteur, observer of the human condition, and singer ;).

Very sad - just 57.

One of the funniest panellists on ISIHAC - "I'm bound by my contract to ask you to accompany Sting and The Police singing Roxanne" ~

RIP

I will miss his contributions to the 'News Quiz' His excoriating and witty put downs of our lightweight politicians were funny and oh so accurate.
A comedian with his heart in the right place.

Really saddened to hear this.

I didn’t even realise he was ill, and I’ve missed his presence on The News Quiz in recent series. And so young. A terrible shame but glad to have been able to enjoy what he had to say for so long.

I just noticed the other day that I’ve got a series of News Quiz podcasts from almost exactly a decade ago. They’ll have an extra poignancy when I manage to sit down and listen to them.

I didn't realise he was younger than me. What a shame. I always subscribed to his view of the Irish question. Maybe it would solve the backstop

“Northern Ireland is part of Ireland, not Britain, as can clearly be seen from aerial photographs.”

RIP

I didn't realise he was younger than me. What a shame. I always subscribed to his view of the Irish question. Maybe it would solve the backstop

“Northern Ireland is part of Ireland, not Britain, as can clearly be seen from aerial photographs.”

RIP

One of his Irish colleagues on the NQ added 'it's not the Irish border, it's the British border.'

Stephen

I went to see The Joan Collins Fan Club/The Three Courgettes at the Edinburgh fringe back in about 1988, my wife and I had met the guitarist, Michael Parker and his then girlfriend, on Spetse around 1984 and we became friends with the two of them so we met up with him and Barbr Junger and Julian Clary at a flat they were all living in and Jermey Hardy shared the flat with them too along with Arnold Brown (I think).

I only met JH briefly but he came across as a really nice intelligent funny young guy and I've always looked out for that group over the years, sadly Michael passed away back in 2017 and he was only 58 when he died.

RIP.

My favourite bit of one of his performances on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue singing "Teenage Kicks" to the tune of "Jerusalem" - has had me in tears this morning

Same age as me this year... seriously just f--- that disease to hell

advertisement

Back