Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeff Beck - Truth

Discussion in 'music' started by MichaelC, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

It's good, but "Beck-Ola" is the one for me; totally OTT and heavy AF.

2. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Beck is the only one of the greats list on this thread that I have been lucky enough to see live and he gave a brilliant set.

3. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

I think we’d really have to disagree on that:cool:

Seeker_UK likes this.
  4. cnocmoy10

cnocmoy10 pfm Member

Thanks to this post I retrieved several Beck albums from my collection. Reminded me of younger better days!

mikechadwick likes this.
  5. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

I saw Beck, with Rod , and Aynsley Dunbar on drums...several times in the late 1960s. I also saw Clapton with Cream,once, and Fleetwood Mac probably three times. All in fairly intmate venues such as Nottm Boat Club.. where you could both see and hear what they were doing.
    I'd put Clapton last. I preferred Beck by some margin, when they were all basically playing blues.... Until I heard Green.. But I think I'd put Beck and Green equal. Both brilliant...but different.

Robn, guydarryl and Snufkin like this.
  6. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

I’m jealous! I was a bit too young to catch those bands - only started catching up in 1969/70 by which time it was a bit too late. Finally saw the Jeff Beck Group when they played at Lancaster University in ‘73(?) - not the same obviously but still a thrill to see Beck live.

Mullardman likes this.
  7. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Would that have been Beck, Bogart and Appice touring their album? I caught that show at Newcastle Poly.

8. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

No, it was the line up with Bob Tench on vocals