advertisement

JBL revisited

Yep, I had the same mental picture. It was Judge Reinhold and his character was "Ken Kessler". The speakers were the Definator X-1
by the way!
Still, great value for money if you want a lot of sound for not much dosh (I don;t think they'll be any bids).

Ken Kessler! Brilliant! Yes, that's it, the Definator X-1. "And when you die, they can bury you in them..."

Not only don't they make speakers like they used to...they don't make movies like they used to as well.:)

wow, I'd love those Polks (if I had a big enough room)

I'd stick a whacking great amp through them and some very loud, neighbour disturbing kind of music.

Sounds like FUN!!!! :D

I know, I know, even banged up pairs change hands for over $1,000 in the US. That pair looks as mint as can be and would fetch $2,000 over there - check out the Polkaudio forum (they cost $3,500 new in 1991 and that was a lot back then).

Someone bloody buy them. Get some dialogue going with the seller and snap them up for £400 when he doesn't get any bids (I predict).

Feck it, I've just emailed the seller for the hi-res photos.

Beware, that Polk auction is a scam. The reply from the "seller" was in bad English and they offered to sort out the shipping, etc. If I gave them £1,500. Yeah right.

I emailed them back saying I was reporting them to eBay!!

advertisement

Back