Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] JBL L82 Classic Speakers w/ JS-80 Stands

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by ThELiZ, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

I bought these brand new at the end of last year. I absolutely love them! Preferred them to the Tannoy Legacy Cheviots that I had before. Not saying which is the objectively better speaker, I just preferred the sound of the JBLs.

Unfortunately, I like them so much that I cannot hold back the urge to go for the L100s, so I’m putting these up to look at funding them.

They are in excellent condition and come with all the original packaging for both the speakers and the stands. They come with the orange grille, which is my preferred colour, but you can order either blue or black to suit.

Price is £1500 + P&P

Here are a few reviews:

www.techhive.com/article/3584535/jbl-l82-classic-review.amp.html

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2020...-these-retro-speakers-offer-modern-acoustics/

https://www.lbtechreviews.com/test/speakers/jbl-l82-classic
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PhilofCas, vince rocker and booja30 like this.
  2. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Where were these when I bought a pair of 1989 4312A's recently that turned into a huge project??!?

GLWTS, and when you've got the L100s, consider taking the time to recreate the classic Maxell ad at home:

[​IMG]

nmtjb, Rosewind and ThELiZ like this.
  3. Saw a pair if these in the window of Robert Taussig, they look great, orange cover looks really nice in the flesh. Why do my kids need to go to University!!. GLWTS.

Cheers BB

ThELiZ likes this.
  4. Pault73

Pault73 Member

Same! They do look awesome, though not sure if I prefer the blue to live with longer term.

5. onespeed

onespeed pfm Member

Where are you located please?

6. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Fortunately, you get the choice. You can order replacement grilles in different colours ;)

7. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Stroud, Gloucestershire.

Happy for buyer to collect.

8. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

As the owner of the Legacy Cheviots mentioned above by @ThELiZ I can only say
    1. These must be very good to be preferable to the Tannoys, and
    2. He is a good chap, buy with confidence.
    GLWTS

ThELiZ likes this.
  9. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Cheers Tim.

Hope you’re still enjoying those Cheviots. A fantastic speaker!

vince rocker likes this.
  10. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

Oh yes! Sounding good on Matthew Halsall right now.

11. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Up she goes

12. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

13. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Light weight, baby!

14. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

15. Pault73

Pault73 Member

if only the school / university fees didn't keep standing in the way...I'd be all over these

16. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Maybe have a look into an apprenticeship with day release at uni... Just a thought

17. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Willing to take £1400 + P&P. Pickup from Stroud, Gloucestershire is welcome.

This is almost £800 off the new price for speakers only 5 months old and in excellent condition.

18. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

19. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member