advertisement

Jays audio CD Transport Opinion

A certification scheme regarding compliance to a range of safety measures and testing. Having it means that it’s been through a range of tests; not having it doesn’t mean that the item is any less safe, only that it’s not certified as having complied. I looked up whether it’s required for hifi components and couldn’t find clear guidance, but having the CE stamp gives some reassurance if an appliance has it.

A certification scheme regarding compliance to a range of safety measures and testing. Having it means that it’s been through a range of tests; not having it doesn’t mean that the item is any less safe, only that it’s not certified as having complied. I looked up whether it’s required for hifi components and couldn’t find clear guidance, but having the CE stamp gives some reassurance if an appliance has it.

Of course it applies to hifi, unless yours runs on steam. My understanding is thatk it can't legally be sold in the EU without it. Brexit has muddied the waters of course re the UK, but we're supposed to be implementing our own equivalent eventually. Can't have Johnny Foreigner dictating what we choose to electrocute ourselves with, what?

The certification process costs money of course, and the requirement for it has led to fake CE badges on some kit of, er, Oriental origin, the 'Chinese Export' badge to the cynical (or perhaps better informed) which like pretty much any fake, is worth precisely f*** all.

I thought it definitely applied too, it’s just that I couldn’t find the specific classification.

About to invest in a Jay's CDT2 mk 3 as likely the last transport I'll buy (my CD purchases are slowing down) for 1500 smackers. Will report back with photos.
Good choice. Six months on (ish) I am still entirely delighted with mine. Great price - is it used?

Audiolab 6000 CDT frente a esto...

El Audiolab tiene un "búfer de memoria" similar (para mí) al mejor transporte de CD que he escuchado, el PS Audio Memory Player.
(Un poco parcial... tienen su preamplificador y Dac de primer nivel (con entrada i2s), sus cosas no toman prisioneros).

¿Alguien comparado?

I have the Audiolab and recently bought an Atoll DR200 Signature, on the recommendation of a friend with very high-end equipment. They are not big differences, but the French has a better sound. More scene, more detail, instrumental separation... It's also another price and the Atoll has a better construction. I will sell the Audiolab.

advertisement

Back