advertisement

Janice Long RIP

Had no idea Keith Chegwin was her brother.:eek:

Along with John Peel she introduced me to loads of great music in the late 80’s / early 90’s.

Sad news indeed. Many interesting bands got their first break on her show or even a session back in the ‘80s. Far too young. RIP.

I used to listen to her show before John Peel back in the 1980s. Seems a million years ago and yet just yesterday. Very sad news as 66 is no real age.

Yes it was a big shock when I turned the radio on and the headlines a few minutes later were the deaths of both Janice Long and Desmond Tutu. No age at all... and was also stunned that Keith Chegwin was her brother but I guess I can see the family resemblance... he also died young of course. RIP

Sad news indeed, I mainly remember her on just before Peel and the chat they would have _ One of the iconic radio voices from my youth.

.sjb

So sad. A lovely person who knew it was all about the music and the musicians. Had some email dealings with her and she was as nice as you would expect. Up there with Peel in her support of new music. RIP.

advertisement

Back