advertisement

James Webb telescope...

For the curious, here is a picture of the La Grange point:

3cd5a977-98b2-4ea2-80b1-14490b74b376.jpg

Thank you CHE, Martin and Dimitry for answering my questions, that clock looks fascinating CHE.

Brilliant that the shield has successfully been deployed! It's hard enough to put a tent up on earth!

Arm and Mirror next then!

Dr Becky with a JWST update.

Dr Becky is great both for her lay person explanations of astrophysics and because hearing someone talk about relativity in the same accent as my extended family makes it all the more awesome.

Just watched it, she’s great! Subscribed.

She does a once a month thing which is a round up of space science news and a 'what you can see in the night sky right now' thing which is well worth catching if you have any interest in looking up.

Although since I have moved back to the Lancashire coast it seems I am basically living in a permanent low lying rain cloud and have given up ever seeing the stars again :)

Although since I have moved back to the Lancashire coast it seems I am basically living in a permanent low lying rain cloud and have given up ever seeing the stars again :)

Everything is in monochrome up here for at least 280 days a year. Now and again in summer we get days in colour. Maybe four or five in proper Kodachrome. I’m not exaggerating. The daylight up here is just broken compared with That London.

PS Really liking Sabine Hossenfelder too, another of your links.

Sabine's refreshing "I've had enough of your bullshit" approach to science is great.

advertisement

Back