advertisement

Jack Barron (Go Fund Me)

So sorry to learn this Jack, you're really missed on pfm. Best wishes for your speedy return to good heath.

All the best Jack, one of my favourites on here - Still think the Psychedelic Furs album is one of the best this year, get well soon.

Very sorry to hear this, sincerely hope you have a quick recovery. Get well soon Jack a lot of us miss your views and entertaining and often on point comments here.

My best mate suffered a stroke but with hard work he recovered fully.

Sorry to hear about your situation but all the best and do battle on.

All the best for a full recovery, the football’s a bit lacking without you.

Dave

I don't know Jack personally, but judging from his contributions on here, he has had his ups and downs in the past, and always comes back stronger - I am sure that this will play out in the same way - get well soon.

If this awful news is correct.. I can only add my own encouragement to Jack if he is able to see this.
I must emphasise that I had only very minor 'brain accidents' compared to what Jack appears to have suffered.. but I offer this for what it is worth.

I experienced two very small strokes around ten years ago. I wasn't convinced they were strokes.. but the medics insisted that they were. First just involved loss of feeling in an arm from the elbow down. and whilst I could move the arm and hand..I had no strength whatever in them and wasn't able to grip anything. Second was similar but only affected the hand. In both cases most of the strength came back within a few days. There were some lingering effects in a wider sense.. such as memory and emotional issues.. but they too resolved over time. I needed no specific treatment and was told that the cardio protective meds I was already on were pretty much what I needed for stroke prevention. They put me onto a couple of other drugs for a while.. but eventually decided I didn't need them.

So what I'm trying to say is that there is often a process of improvement after a stroke. Of course strokes can range from 'TIA'. (Transient Ischaemic Attacks).which may last from seconds, up to 24 hours and may be barely noticed...through the 'minor strokes' that I had..('Strokes' because they lasted more than 24 hours.. that's the definition) and beyond..to Strokes with much more impact.

The key is that as I understand it, the affected nerve pathways may themselves recover. Failing that.. the body/brain can adapt and utilise new nerve pathways.

So.. it seems to me that wherever a stroke leaves you.. there is the probability of improvement over time.. and the possibility of complete recovery.

Hang in there Jack!

advertisement

Back