advertisement

J7

eevo1969

pfm Member
What with me being ‘clumsy’ I damaged my tone arm whilst attempting adding a cart, I pulled a tag off and gave the Tecnoarm A i own a tap on its supporting shelf, not too hard but enough to be a little concerned. I recalled owning a polished/chrome finish modded Rega tone arm from Audio Origami so with a few emails exchanged I boxed the arm up in its original packaging and off it went (without the now missing tag)

Within a few days the arm was back on my Gyro SE, I couldn’t tell which tag was replaced and Mr J had given the arm a going over, the bass now seems tighter, a quite noticeable improvement imo.

Not the biggest of jobs I agree but in my experience this kind of work is where
many businesses fall short, being vague about your item, where it is and what needs
doing to it (again)

I recommend Audio Origami/J7, Service and communication have been exceptional. The repair comes with a pleasing improvement to the sound, he has actually improved my tone arm. Top bloke.

I've just had a similar experience, when removing the arm from my G99 recently, I had a 'momentary lapse of reason' and detached the cables - forgeting that the arm was not fitted with a 'Din' plug - DOH!!
I sent an e-mail to A.O., and was then able to post the arm off, and it was returned 'restored' yesterday.
Over the last few years J7 has rewired / replaced the rubber couplings etc. of both my 3009 S2's, and in addition has rewired, fitted an alternative RCA connector plus 'bronze' knife edge bearing to my 3009R.
Highly recommended.

Regards
Mike Kelshaw

I sent an SME 3009, on behalf of a customer whose turntable I was repairing, to Audio Origami.
Brilliant service and nothing was too much trouble.

Not used Jonny in a long time but whenever I have he was excellent, the arms were always at their very best when I got them back (and once, much improved to boot) and communication was great. Not at all expensive considering the work. The AO PU7 is still on stereophiles list of the worlds best tonearms, rightly too IMO. John Palmer used one as the arm of choice to tune the sound of the 2.5 in construction IIRC. That combo with Lyra cartridge was quite astonishing. Top bloke.

Loud n Clear in Glasgow have Johnny in on saturdays to fettle their turntables,my LP12 was recently given the once over and a new cartridge fitted..top bloke imho!.

Yet another satisfied customer. Had a Technics arm modded and bought a new RB202 from J7 which he modded with my requested upgrades. Needed some bearing caps for another stock RB202 which he sent me FOC. Nothing is ever too much trouble and no question too silly. I'll work on most things especially mechanical, but I don't bother doing tonearm work as I know that J7 will do a better job than me and at a price that is more than reasonable. Probably the best and most honest manufacturer / seller / repairer I have dealt with in this industry, long may he remain in business.

As the owner of a 12" PU7, I can vouch for his arms. I've also been pleased with advice given over the phone a few years back when he was visiting the shop. Communication, though? Maybe I was unlucky, because I had trouble deciphering a couple of emails at the time. No question about his diligence and expertise, though; too many plaudits to suggest otherwise.

I haven't needed to use J7's services for several years now but he's worked on quite a few Rega and Linn arms for me in the past. His work has always been excellent, his prices always reasonable, and great communication. Highly recommended!

A Wizard a True Star, the weegee banters sometimes a bit confusing but always ready to help out. A thoroughly decent bloke!

Another big up for J7 and his superb service. I had a Technics 1210 arm rewired and filled earlier this year. TBH I wasn't expecting it to transform the arm the way it did. But after the rewire it completely opened up the sound in ways i couldn't have imagined !

He was also very quick in turnaround and his communication and support were truly excellent. J7 and Audio origami really are a class outfit.

Put it this way, I doubt there´s anyone who´s been mentioned so many times on this and all the rest of the other hi-fi forums put together and I think you´d be very hard pushed to find a negative comment anywhere. His postie must be sick and tired of delivering the same sized boxes/parcels from all corners of the world. Could he be Glasgow´s most popular man ?????? Cheers, M8.

advertisement

Back