advertisement

I've just fried my MDAC

Sovereign

pfm Member
I've just fried my MDAC!
Is there anyone out there who can lend me (you can hold a deposits) or rent me a spare DAC until mine is fixed

Just seen your post on the MDAC thread - sorry to hear this :( I've noticed that if I so much as brush the power cord for the MDAC whilst fiddling with something else at the back of my HiFi it causes the MDAC to power-off and reboot. Hopefully mine won't go the same way yours has!

No problem - take your pick:
• Aune X1
• Musiland 01
• KingRex UD01
• Pop Pulse PCM1796
• Emotiva XDA1
• Wyred 4 Sound DAC2
• Calyx DAC
• HRT Streamer II

Probably others too . . .

If you cover the postage, it's yours for a month free. PM me if it's useful to you.

• Aune X1
• Musiland 01
• KingRex UD01
• Pop Pulse PCM1796
• Emotiva XDA1
• Wyred 4 Sound DAC2
• Calyx DAC
• HRT Streamer II

If you cover the postage, it's yours for a month free. PM me if it's useful to you.

Wahay! He does have a use! (j/k, nice gesture item)

• Aune X1
• Musiland 01
• KingRex UD01
• Pop Pulse PCM1796
• Emotiva XDA1
• Wyred 4 Sound DAC2
• Calyx DAC
• HRT Streamer II

Nice service there Mark. Impressive :)
Paul, You've probably just been kicked of his Christmas card list, and i doubt he'd send to C*****n just in case it never came back ;)

The W4S is in many ways comparable to the MDAC: if you add a better power section and async 24/192 USB, you have a similar machine. The extra cash buys you a little more finesse sonically, but both the W4S and Audiolab are dynamic Sabre designs.

By all means give me a bell in the morning if you want to check it out: like I said, the postage is on you, but I don't need any form of security other than a swipe of your credit or debit card. No charge for the loan: that's just the way we roll over here in fun-loving computer audio land.

We have demonstrator Metrum, Blacknote, Burson, W4S and Antelope DACs out for evaulation (don't ask for a go on the Rubicon yet), but you're welcome to borrow anything back at base that's not booked out this month. What are forums for?!

Talking of exotica, I forgot the Red Wine DACs. And the KingRex UD384.

Unfortunately I just sold our demonstrator MDAC, so I can't offer you a like-for-like loaner until next week.

I noticed you've still got the PowerDAC on your hit list of DAC's. Its been discontinued now and IIRC theres no more in the UK? So Paul Benge tells me anyhow...

Yeh - great shame. There is rumoured to be a replacement in the pipeline. A dealer was advertising a demonstrator on eBay last month - don't know if it sold.

Building a whole system that runs off-grid is really interesting: ie, battery-powered transport + Red Wine/MSB DAC (or other USB-powered converter) + Red Wine/Econote/SLAP-juiced KingRex power amp. You can even slot in the battery-driven Isabella preamp if you like valves and more 'oomph'. Ultra-low noise floor; very detailed.

Both my DAC and Shuttle are 18V I've been charging some 18v powertools battries this evening. Going to give them a whirl tomorrow.... well, maybe.

Mmmm . . . powertool batteries: haven't been down that tempting little sidestreet. Just watch the input range of your device: there will be significant voltage droop over time that the power tool will likely monitor: your DAC/Shuttle will be much more sensitive than a drill in that regard.

advertisement

Back