advertisement

I've been booglarized, baby!

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
I blame Ian.... for not introducing me to the Captain earlier.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Kasp,

Sure nuff and yes the Captain does.

Joe

Another great Captain song — Circumstances.

Joe

IMHO, "Clear Spot" is probably the best LP to start someone off into the crazy world of Don Van V.

My fave song:

Tonight there'd be ice cream, ice cream for crow.

Joe

Welcome to the magnificent and peerless world of Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band, Joe P! :cool:

Here are some lucky punters! (I wonder if any were future pfmers?) For kasperhauser, a teasy snippet of a gig contemporaneous with the perfomance in #1, all Zoot stops pulled:

Post-Beefheart Magic Band with John French to the fore and Gary Lucas at least Bill Harkleroad's equal on guitar (I do prefer Lucas as a guitarist, shhh), if not sharing his early '70s stage energy:

Somehow, the picture quality seems to have packed up since I watched it last, hmm.

I'm waiting to be told whether this is 'terrible' or not by the PFM taste arbiters (self appointed) before I commit myself.

I regret missing Beefheart live. I imagine he could put on a great show.

I remember him walking on stage with a huge instrument case which he opened to reveal one of the smallest blues harmonicas and he then just launched into the music with the band following.
This was the result of that gig

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I remember him walking on stage with a huge instrument case which he opened to reveal one of the smallest blues harmonicas and he then just launched into the music with the band following.
This was the result of that gig

Wooo - that looks promisingly good. What's the sq like?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back