advertisement

It's time for the Ergo IIIR

Spikes onto indented floor protectors would be your best bet for stability and strength. But given they are hefty things to lug about, I'd suggest a felt pad at each corner in the near term to sort out their preferred locations. Those alone may be sufficient for stability. The E-IIIR mass won't need much coupling to the floor to oppose the movement of the woofer with impunity.

Finishing touches before I lug them into the house:

M12 inserts, really fabulous quality and very solid fixings as befits a heavy cabinet. Spike as recommended above and will have floor protectors as well.

I did a test fitting and found it hard to keep the insert going in straight so I used the drill press to hold its position and studding with a nut or two to drive it in. Twisting force by a spanner, not the drill in case you wondered.

49858923137_252de464a8_c.jpg

49858923077_8a5bcb52a4_c.jpg

49858075943_4c6193f5a5_c.jpg

49858611061_f2dd579015_c.jpg

49858075823_73d029a643_c.jpg

Oh, the anticipation. They look fabulous. Just don't give yourself a hernia lugging them into the room. I recommend fitting the drivers - especially the woofer - in situ. The recess makes a handy lugging handle at just the right height.

Oh, the anticipation. They look fabulous. Just don't give yourself a hernia lugging them into the room. I recommend fitting the drivers - especially the woofer - in situ. The recess makes a handy lugging handle at just the right height.

Yes, I learnt that with Bemused's cabs !

advertisement

Back