advertisement

It's time for the Ergo IIIR

Finishing under way, front lower panels are being finished off the speaker and will be glued up later.

49699971623_9e3b05a72b_c.jpg

I hope you used low-tack masking tape for the leather, Gareth.

Great work and the walnut is gorgeous. That has to be my favourite timber species.

Gareth, you’ve got a Hackernap if I remember correctly. Which is good because I ran my Ergos with nc400 amps originally but when I switched in the Hackernap (with Starfish pre) it was sooo much better. A marriage made in heaven.

Today's update, a few more coats of oil since the last pics, nearly there now so I glued up the front panels. Leather needs a bit of pepping up having been left in dusty workshops for..... ahem a couple of years neglect.

Need a wooden floor friendly solution for the base, cannot just spike into it, any suggestions please?

49707291023_2cefd1c287_c.jpg

49708145182_9b75d3310d_c.jpg

Gareth, you’ve got a Hackernap if I remember correctly. Which is good because I ran my Ergos with nc400 amps originally but when I switched in the Hackernap (with Starfish pre) it was sooo much better. A marriage made in heaven.

Yes I do, with a B4 pre but I do have a Starfish as well. The HackerNap really needs tweaking as I got lots of advice a while back but as it provides the main lounge amplification for the TV etc it is hard to remove from service. Need something else to swap in and out while I fiddle.

Have used these, wasn’t that impressed tbh. Great if floor is perfectly level, if not and they need a few turns to level up they aren’t as sturdy as what I’d like. Ok if on a budget though

I use something like these and on my stands, very nice to turn from the knob on top, and fine on hard floors with the protective chips

Also like this sort of thing on wooden floors with chips as heavy speakers will slide well enough with a bit of care, and easier to to measure the front wall reinforcement and cancellations in various positions. Nice but pricey, can be diy’d easily enough though with some bars of steel/ali and a tapping set

http://speakerfeet.com/Straight_End_1.50_Spikes.html

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back