advertisement

It's the end of the ****ING world

Enjoyed the first series but not sure it needed another and the style over substance is becoming annoying: where is it set? When is it set?
A Diner in the woods? In the UK. Maybe Scotland. Much business?
As if they are filming it for the US market.
The leads are good though.

Enjoyed the first series but not sure it needed another and the style over substance is becoming annoying: where is it set? When is it set?
A Diner in the woods? In the UK. Maybe Scotland. Much business?
As if they are filming it for the US market.
The leads are good though.
I am actually preferring this series, I think it is a little less stylised. Would you criticise the Cohen brothers or David Lynch for the same things;)

I am actually preferring this series, I think it is a little less stylised. Would you criticise the Cohen brothers or David Lynch for the same things;)
I disagree and think it's been more stylised. As for Lynch and the Cohens...they're actually American. They are also consistent in their use of period detail. This isn't and is not based in the US, and the use of American (and other) motifs in the visuals really undercut my suspension of disbelief.
No need for it and smacks of the dreaded Hipsterism. Eurgh...beards and Hoxton.

I disagree and think it's been more stylised. As for Lynch and the Cohens...they're actually American. They are also consistent in their use of period detail. This isn't and is not based in the US, and the use of American (and other) motifs in the visuals really undercut my suspension of disbelief.
No need for it and smacks of the dreaded Hipsterism. Eurgh...beards and Hoxton.
I actually like the the way it plays with style so you are unsure whether it is contemporary or not. I think it is still innately British in setting. I quite like hipsters anyway.

advertisement

Back