advertisement

It's 2022. Thinking of making any changes to your system? Like what?

How did you manage that ? This sounds like a really great system !
Took a punt on the node at a locally based auction house. Sometimes you get lucky. Just using it for internet radio at the moment. Need to work out who the best vfm streaming provider would be!

... Need to work out who the best vfm streaming provider would be!

As has been discussed, there are significant differences in sound quality. And in the intuitive convenience of the user interfaces. And the curating algorithms. I think Spotify sound quality is poor. But the user interface is intuitive and easy. And the curating algorithm is superb. One indication of that is when it nominates tunes that I already have in my collection, on vinyl.

Going for new interconnects for my power amps, have just ordered three pairs of chord shawline analogue rca to daisy chain my three lk100’s. :)

If you can tweak an LP12 you could fit a Karousel. I have seen one for sale on eBay SH but I would ring a dealer and see what they say.

With so many people waxing lyrical about the Karousel it might just be my dying upgrade flourish, hifi-wise. My hearing is absolutely shot and no hope of it improving but I reckon I could still distinguish a tauter, more bouncy bass. Has it really just shot up 100 smackers ?
Where can I buy it "in the box" ? I am my own Linn guru. Can it be sold "direct" ? without incurring the wrath of the Gods ?

A new phono stage for me: Guy at Pure Sound very kindly loaned me an Aurorasound Vida demo unit over Christmas. I thought it was fantastic, so have ordered one of the new mk2 Vida's.

For LP12 I've had a Karousel sitting here for a while but will hold off fitting until the new phono has settled in so I can appreciate any benefit the Karousel brings. Radikal 2 is a possibility this year as well. I can't imagine it can really make *that* much difference over Radikal1 but maybe it can....

I decided to upgrade my speakers. Going from Focal 826v to Triangle Genese Lyrr.
Still waiting for them to be delivered, 4 weeks after ordering them

I want to find a nice amp for my ATC SCM10s. Currently they have an old A&R A60, but even on my desktop it runs out of steam a bit. I have a stack of HackerNAP bits slowly going together, but still looking at other options as I have usually been a bit ambiguous of amplifiers in my system and fancy trying a few options.

This year I'll be trying to resist the urge to pointlessly change what I currently have as it's absolutely fine (plus it looks like it's gonna be a tough year financially). So I may have to restrict myself to trying out a couple of alternative brands of valves in my amp (luckily they're relatively inexpensive ones).

Speakers on my list as possible purchases:

AVI Neutron IV’s. Enjoying my Nu Neutrons, but there’s a touch of harshness on the treble. As the IV’s are generally considered the best version, I’m keen to see if they address this.

Spendor S3/5 seem to be a cheaper and more recent alternative to LS3/5a’s.

Original LS3/5a. Borrowed a pair of these for a couple of months, and really enjoyed them. Feel like everyone should own a pair at least once.

Falcon LS3/5a. The only way to own a new, correct, version?

Basically which ones I end up with, will be decided by how expensive my house move is.

As is often the way, I ended up getting something I didn’t list: Stirling LS3/5a V2’s. Can’t wait to hear them properly.

Thinking of changing my chord integrated for a classe pre/power amp. Just brought B&W 802d the chord does sound good. But I see others think the classe are a good match.

I still need to change the speakers:(
The cartridge is in hiding - there is no way at present to even try it as my other half keeps a close eye on my system - I’m quite happy that I have it though:)

I am very fortunate that my wife has such disdain for anything hifi that she is actually blind to audio equipment and was unaware when my cd player went from black to silver. She didn't notice the Bluesound node atop the cabinet and failed to see the Gaia 3's under my Virgo 25s although they are silver and have raised the speakers around 50mm.

Quite the opposite here, my wife is neutral on the subject and wouldn't bat an eye if I changed anything. Thing being I don't think the price of changing out for something obviously better would represent vfm in my present room and importing / exporting is a real PITA since Brexit.
I've decided to buy an electric bike instead.

Just been tempted and ordered a VML740ML as an upgrade from my 530EN - now I've got to find the 30g counterweight ring for the 774 which is packed away somewhere - the 15g ring won't balance :confused:o_O
It will but just not in tight.

Of course can always just use the stylus;)

advertisement

Back