advertisement

Item Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger748

Former bacon enthusiast
A while back I posted a mini review of a Burson/Fostex combo i was loaned by Item Audio.

Strangely, despite lending me £2k worth of kit - after I returned it to them, I emailed about a subsequent purchase - but didn't get a reply!!

I followed up with more emails, telephone calls went unanswered and their web site was last updated ages ago. Also i note on PFM their account is now locked as unpaid.......

Anyone any news as to what happened??

Ta

The item audio membership has been removed (banned) from another forum that focuses on computer audio.

Any idea why ??
Banned on 2 sites does not look good.....

If they have "gone" anyone else bought Fostex TH-900 from a reputable UK dealer??

Cheers

Any idea why ??
Banned on 2 sites does not look good.....

I can't speak for elsewhere, but here on pfm their Trade Account was well overdue and they failed to respond or acknowledge my repeated PM requests, despite obviously having read them (I set read receipts). I found that quite exceptionally rude given they were actively plugging product and ideology at the time.

They also attended the Ideal Home show so were certainly trading on the 1st April the last day of the show when I saw the Ferguson Hill's they had on demo.

Mark/Item audio, is ok. He got so much flak from you guys for trying things and offering free dems, got to the point where he was even giving his product trials and research out to you all to try build and find selected items cheaper.. I really hope he's not been put out of business by the bullying he got on PFM. That would be a shame, I've noticed hes put his higher end stuff up on eBay......

The flak might be legitimate though?
Why send that stuff out on loan, only to then completely ignore the customer who then wants to buy it?!
Mark may be ok - as a bloke - but as a retailer, he has big issues!!

His ideas were dismissed and laughed at by people who didn't want to try his findings.... But beyond a few select component selections, I found no further enhancements than the dedicated Shuttle XS36V, with 4GB RAM and a 512GB SSD, which runs Win7 and JRMC18. But that was with an extremely well implemented USB DAC.

I had a very positive experience buying a custom Mac Mini from item in 2011. However recently I have been trying to buy another power cord for the Mac Mini and countless emails have been ignored.

Although no evidence I suspect he has gone under or wound up before going under. The Ideal Home Show I understand is very expensive to attend as a trader and perhaps he didn't do the business he expected. If correct I hope he didn't leave anyone out of pocket.

Although no evidence I suspect he has gone under or wound up before going under. The Ideal Home Show I understand is very expensive to attend as a trader and perhaps he didn't do the business he expected. If correct I hope he didn't leave anyone out of pocket.

What goes around comes around i suppose.

His attitude to service was strange. Over about a year he lent me, free, £5000 worth of DACs and supplied them fast. Absolutely no complaints. But when I did buy one I had to email him several times for an invoice and a manual which he'd omitted to send by accident. It may well be that he talks crap online - who doesn't - but he does (or perhaps did) offer free home trials of a wide range of stuff, which is very helpful if you are capable of trusting your own ears. Don't think his margins were large either.

Mark/Item audio, is ok. He got so much flak from you guys for trying things and offering free dems, got to the point where he was even giving his product trials and research out to you all to try build and find selected items cheaper.. I really hope he's not been put out of business by the bullying he got on PFM. That would be a shame, I've noticed hes put his higher end stuff up on eBay......
Bullying? You are having a laugh.

I don't think he talked crap online. He was putting forward an alternative approach and he put up a free recipe for a computer that he felt would help you computer audio types. You were free to try it and then dismiss it.

What happened was that he got continually bullied him every time he came online. Some of this was disgraceful and the only worse example I can think of was the treatment that Alan Sircom got. One or two of the same people were doing the bullying.

He seemed like a perfectly decent guy to me. However if he didn't pay his trade fees that's another matter; this is clearly unacceptable.

He seemed like a perfectly decent guy to me too. His ideas had no grounding in science however but that doesn't mean I'm happy to see him out of business.

If the other site he was removed from was the 'AVI by any other name site' then you can't really consider that as being banned.

I don't think he talked crap online. He was putting forward an alternative approach and he put up a free recipe for a computer that he felt would help you computer audio types. You were free to try it and then dismiss it.

What happened was that he got continually bullied him every time he came online. Some of this was disgraceful and the only worse example I can think of was the treatment that Alan Sircom got. One or two of the same people were doing the bullying.

He seemed like a perfectly decent guy to me. However if he didn't pay his trade fees that's another matter; this is clearly unacceptable.

He was a decent guy, but I think his posts on here cost him more customers than they gained. His computer recipe wasn't free to try - because they were custom builds they weren't covered by the 7 day trial policy - and you can't really send cryo-treatment back anyway!

Banned from computer audiophile, for over aggressive promotion & marketing on a non sales user forum.

If the other site he was removed from was the 'AVI by any other name site' then you can't really consider that as being banned.

I don't know about any others but a look at the Wam suggested he was banned from there - though I have no idea as to the reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back