advertisement

[WTD] Isobariks

Quadboy

dylandave
Hi I'm looking for a decent pair of Linn Isobariks in any finish except black . Age doesn't matter as long as they are sound . DMS or PMS and have stands and crossovers . I'll travel for the right speakers Thanks

Hi Richard thanks for that .I had seen them . I'm not (can't) going to pay what I think is a bit much . I don't mind waiting for a pair at at fair price

Cheers

David

There was a lead on 2 sets at £1000 a pair as well, further on down the thread

Couldn’t say what a fair price is for Isobariks literally no idea

Hi Eoin I'm lucky enough to drive my isobarik pms in passive mode with a pair of Quad Qmp's and , well , it's sublime , I just love it . That's why I'm looking for another pair for the sitting room which I'll drive with a Quad QSP and see how we get on ..

Pair of early eighties speakers in reasonable condition, might benefit from new mids from Falcon Acoustics.
Isobarik

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I think the top ones are Scanspeak tweeters (plain front) the front ones are Linn Hiquphon tweeters (ring pattern on the front).

Scanspeak was fitted up to 1980, Linn (made by Hiquphon) after 1980. The Scanspeak are £140/pair, the Hiquphon are £160/matched pair. I think the Scanspeaks used to be a lot cheaper.

Didn't realise that was £160 each! That's a lot for a little sealed (unrepairable) tweeter.

Did you see the DIY speaker thread- the required tweeters for that project are £450+ each.

Just an addition I replaced the Scanspeak tweeters in my Linn Sara 9 which I made active with the Hiquaphon . There is no competition the replacements are miles better and take away the shrill treble of the originals . If you can use those as replacements you will not regret it .

advertisement

Back