advertisement

Is The Running In Of Electronics A Myth?

It's fine-tuned till it's almost right, then released so as to give the purchaser something to listen out for. Once the requisite amount of time has passed, and the musicians have started communicating, everyone can relax.

If a manufacturer claims a product is "fine tuned by ear" prior to sale then how can they state that the product won't sound right until it's run in?

Isn't that a contradiction?

No . The original prototype could be find tuned by ear . Once the design is settled , the manufacturer could legitimately claim production product will benefit from burn in .

It is the design which is fine tuned by ear, not each product .

See sarcasm is not always necessary .

No . The original prototype could be find tuned by ear . Once the design is settled , the manufacturer could legitimately claim production product will benefit from burn in .

It is the design which is fine tuned by ear, not each product .

See sarcasm is not always necessary .
I'm sure I read on here that some products (can't recall now) are individually fine tuned by ear but still don't sound right until they run in.

Would that be a contradiction?

I'm sure I read on here that some products (can't recall now) are individually fine tuned by ear but still don't sound right until they run in.

Would that be a contradiction?

No -

The manufacturer based on experience could legitimately claim that each product is designed and burnt in by ear for a specific period , however for reasons of time constraint , he could claim that due to his familiarity with the product it will continue to improve further once the buyer begins to use it .

I speak purely from logic not experience or belief .

Maxy's question was clearly rhetorical. His is an unbending opinion in the face of expert contrary evidence.

No -

The manufacturer based on experience could legitimately claim that each product is designed and burnt in by ear for a specific period , however for reasons of time constraint , he could claim that due to his familiarity with the product it will continue to improve further once the buyer begins to use it .

I speak purely from logic not experience or belief .
So using your logic, it wouldn't be a contradiction because a manufacturer could legitimately claim such.

But how do you know it would be a legitimate claim if you're only speculating?

So using your logic, it wouldn't be a contradiction because a manufacturer could legitimately claim such.

But how do you know it would be a legitimate claim if you're only speculating?

:confused:

Im baffled, your question makes no sense !

You asked if it would be a contradiction , you didn't ask if it would be a legitimate claim . I have proven such claims can be made without contradiction , it will take a better man than me to prove they are legitimate.

:confused:

Im baffled, your question makes no sense !

You asked if it would be a contradiction , you didn't ask if it would be a legitimate claim . I have proven such claims can be made without contradiction , it will take a better man than me to prove they are legitimate.
Sorry for any confusion, but it seems to me that the legitimacy of the manufacturers claim would play a big part in ascertaining whether or not it was a contradiction.

Ie, if the components parts did run in and this improved the sound, then such claims would be legitimate.

If they didn't then such claims would not be legitimate, and thus a contradiction.

So saying he could legitimately claim something without knowing that to be the case is misleading, IMO.

People will believe in what they want to believe in.
Look at the extraordinary number of people that choose to believe in various gods, some or all must be wrong.
Henry

Sorry for any confusion, but it seems to me that the legitimacy of the manufacturers claim would play a big part in ascertaining whether or not it was a contradiction.

Ie, if the components parts did run in and this improved the sound, then such claims would be legitimate.

If they didn't then such claims would not be legitimate, and thus a contradiction.

So saying he could legitimately claim something without knowing that to be the case is misleading, IMO.
=-----
con·tra·dic·tion
/ˌkäntrəˈdikSHən/
Noun
1.A combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.
2.A person, thing, or situation in which inconsistent elements are present.

Contradiction pertains to the logical consistency of the statement , not its legitimacy or truth .Even bollocks can have a logical consistency without contradictions .

=-----
con·tra·dic·tion
/ˌkäntrəˈdikSHən/
Noun
1.A combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.
2.A person, thing, or situation in which inconsistent elements are present.

Contradiction pertains to the logical consistency of the statement , not its legitimacy or truth .
No problem, I was just wondering why you attributed legitimacy to something not proven legitimate.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

No problem, I was just wondering why you attributed legitimacy to something not proven legitimate.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

nope your being mistaken, but this is probably my fault for offering an opaque explanation

the statement is legitimate in so far as it is logically coherent and without contradiction . Nothing more nothing less , which is why I put I speak only of logic , not of experience or belief .

nope your being mistaken, but this is probably my fault for offering an opaque explanation

the statement is legitimate in so far as it is logically coherent and without contradiction . Nothing more nothing less , which is why I put I speak only of logic , not of experience or belief .
Fair enough.

Cheers.

advertisement

Back