advertisement

Is the new "Cold War" about to go hot?

mattski

pfm Member
There's lots of scary stuff going on at the moment, with obviously Syria and the Ukraine being prime examples.

The startling thing to me is how quickly it's all turned to discussion of imminent war between the US and Russia; with the latter stating that there would likely be a nuclear element, holding mass drills and a pretty sinister tone emerging from mainstream media. The Bulletin's clock is at 3 to midnight too - not good... http://thebulletin.org/timeline

I think the danger is that it can become a self fulfilling prophesy with it being talked up so much and the situation in Syria seems like check mate.

I sincerely hope for a diplomatic solution but given who's involved and the odd year we've had who knows.

What do you think?

Nothing to worry about. No one really cares about Syria. No one seems to be doing anything about Ukraine either.

Apparently Russia is preparing to send an aircraft carrier battle group through the English Channel and conduct military exercises including carrier launched flights to express it's displeasure at Boris Johnson's remarks about Syria. I should have a good view from my bedroom window.

His Excellency was instrumental in delivering Brexit and collapsing Sterling. I have every confidence he is capable of starting a military conflict with Putin. If you want an indication of what he could do, I'll give you a name to think about- Saakashvili, but worryingly- he's actually more intelligent than Johnson.

My Guinea pig is more intelligent than Johnson. Fortunately he is more interested in green beans than pushing the red button.

Russia undertaking unprecedented mass drills. US general says ready to beat anyone:

So, yes, both sides are preparing.

Last edited by a moderator:
"RT bank accounts frozen" looks like hyperbolic headlines. Actually Natwest have decided they don't want RT as a customer anymore and they will need to look elsewhere for their banking services. Which is not the same thing at all.

advertisement

Back