Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Is PayPal Gift free

Discussion in 'audio' started by Sovereign, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Sovereign

Sovereign pfm Member

I have to send some money to my family in the States.
    Am I correct in thinking PayPal gift is free? Does PayPal charge me to deposit money into PayPal?
    Thanks

2. allen6266

allen6266 pfm Member

Paypal want to charge me GBP 10 for GBP 200 transfer.

3. Sovereign

Sovereign pfm Member

Is that PayPal Gift?

4. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

gift is free...

5. truk

truk pfm Member

Yes as misterc6 says, it is free unless you are sending the money to another country in another currency when you will be charged a fee. Still cheaper than a bank transfer though.

6. neiljadman

neiljadman Senior Member

But also check the exchange rate offered - you'll probably also lose about 3% compared to the current wholesale rate. Depending on how much you are going to transfer a bank wire can be cheaper despite the higher fees.

7. espresso

espresso pfm Member

8. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

If you use your debit/credit card as the source funds then there is a charge (0.5% I think)which the payer or receiver pays, you get the choice as you go through the process.
    If you have enough funds in your PP balance then it's free.