Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Is everything OK with Stirling Broadcast?

Discussion in 'audio' started by HeinzR, Nov 23, 2022.

1. HeinzR

HeinzR pfm Member

My SIL would like to buy some new SB LS 3/5a V2. I saw in the web that the German SB importer does not have a single SB of all types available. (The importer has no warehouse but all orders go through him and the goods come directly from SB to the customer). I called him and he said that no one from SB is getting back to him since some days. I hope everything is ok with Doug Stirling?

2. Lavantha

Lavantha pfm Member

I had email correspondence with Doug earlier this month. Doug does seem to have an aversion to email, a trait I understand, but typically does respond to phone calls. Lovely gentleman to deal with so hopefully others can chime in with more recent and hopefully positive news.

3. CTank

CTank pfm Member

Deco Audio ordered me two replacement tweeters a month or so ago. Was apparently a challenge to get hold of him, but no problem once they had. Maybe just a bit of a dinosaur with comms (and who can blame him).

4. CTank

CTank pfm Member

Should add, I’ve spoken to him on the phone, and he was perfectly normal!

5. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

There's a pair of V3 for sale on here, though I don't know whether the seller (Tony) would wish to ship outside the UK.

6. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

The last time I dealt with him, a few weeks ago, all was fine.
    He was his usual helpful self.
    Lovely man...

7. karlsushi

karlsushi Member

I have Stirlings on my shortlist for a potential speaker upgrade later in 2023, so I hope there aren't any issues