advertisement

iPhone 8 deal.

mjw

pfm Member
Aldi are advertising a refurbished 64GB at £199. The price is unexceptional but it comes with a three year guarantee which is very attractive - for those who come to the site looking for a replacement phone.

I think that's a very good deal. I bought SWMBO a refurb 8 a month or so back it was a little bit dearer with only 1 yr.

I expect they have like 100 of them but reasonable if you are lucky. If the ipods next to it are anything to go by, i would be wary.

If you are in the Apple ecosystem then a refurbed 8 is a very good step up if you are back on an old SE or a 6 for instance. If you do not use the super cameras of the newer machines then really there is nothing against an 8 and you can get operating system updates for a quite a while more. For £199 - I would go for it.

My daughter is 22, on her first graduate job in London and had just bought a new Iphone 12 Mini. She raves about the 5g, but she lives close to Central London. She has 'returned' her old student used 7 Plus to me (I bought it for her second hand about 2 years ago) .

I have an Iphone 6 as a company phone - so no longer supported. Although I have used it as personal phone always (company is fine with that) it is getting frustrating being so old, and the GPS is faulty. I bought a £6 a month Sim card in the 7 Plus, stuck it onto the same Apple ID and suddenly I have two phones that seem to transfer most things interchangeably. I can now download the NHS contact tracing app too. And for once my personal emails are seperated out. All good!
Yes the 7 plus has a weak battery but it will spend its life on wifi or a car holder and I am not a social media fiend.

.Why fling bother. The world will not end if you don't have the latest phone. My phone cost me £17 on pay as you go and does me fine. Only spend about £100 a year ontop ups. You phone slags are so amusing :D

Yes they are. And no stupid Android... I have to use it at work, along with W10 and I hate every minute of it.
I still have a ten year-old iPhone 4 that works perfectly. Where are all those Corean plasticky thingies now?

Yes they are. And no stupid Android... I have to use it at work, along with W10 and I hate every minute of it.
I still have a ten year-old iPhone 4 that works perfectly. Where are all those Corean plasticky thingies now?

:rolleyes:
o_O

Android isn't stupid; only someone stupid would say something like that :D ;)

If you want simplicity and easy integration into an already laid out 'ecosystem' then iPhones work and work superbly; but if you don't need/want that (like me, although everything I have is Apple bar my mobile) and you want straightforward customisation, a different platform to use and to be different; Android very much has its place!

There will always be iOS vs Android; it's all down to whats needed and what preferences there are ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back