advertisement

Introduction to room acoustics

Not watching this now but will be later on.

I am in a 3m x 3m room that has a two seater sofa, book case, fish tank and stereo. I want to treat the room but I'm really restricted because there are no bare walls except those behind my head on the sofa and behind the stereo. Gonna put a few bass traps in the corners and see how it goes from there.

Start with the ceiling Ruairi, that's where the biggest gains are made anyway. It would make a massive difference in a small square room

I am in a 3m x 3m room that has a two seater sofa, book case, fish tank and stereo. I want to treat the room but I'm really restricted because there are no bare walls except those behind my head on the sofa and behind the stereo. Gonna put a few bass traps in the corners and see how it goes from there.
Acoustically measure the room with REW and use EQ to reduce any room mode based bass peaks.
Keith

I have a small listening room as well. I did put 2 quarter round bass traps in the corners behind the speakers and everything is fine.
My speakers are some small isobaric monitors with an F3 of 36 Hz fed by a Naim Nap 250.2 and I don’t miss of anything. Bass is deep, clear and punchy, not boomy at all.

advertisement

Back