advertisement

Introducing The Print Shop

Another thank you due to Amar for printing the third A2 seascape to complete the set with the previous two. As ever a really lovely job, and highly recommended:

51689405804_c80a51a8cb_b.jpg

Another thank you due to Amar for printing the third A2 seascape to complete the set with the previous two. As ever a really lovely job, and highly recommended:

51689405804_c80a51a8cb_b.jpg

You're very welcome :)

As always, it's a joy to print your work and the finished result looks fantastic in that frame.

Really pleased you like it.

Amar

Hi Amar, your prints look great and I'm keen to get some done. Quick question, do you want the images sized correctly (e.g. 300dpi at actual print dimensions, inc borders) or do you prefer to work with the full res image and you'd size to suit? Also, it sounds like you can advise on paper choice and make e.g. minor level adjustments according to your print profiles? Thanks!

Hi Amar, your prints look great and I'm keen to get some done. Quick question, do you want the images sized correctly (e.g. 300dpi at actual print dimensions, inc borders) or do you prefer to work with the full res image and you'd size to suit? Also, it sounds like you can advise on paper choice and make e.g. minor level adjustments according to your print profiles? Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words and interest :)

Full res files are better for me and yes, I'd be happy to advise on paper type once I've seen the images. I can also make minor adjustments to the files as required to get the best results for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need more info.

Kind regards,

Amar

Hi Amar, just a short note to say that I'm going to send some pics for printing soon (early Nov probably).

Do you have any tips for calibration so that what I see on my screen is broadly how the print ends up? I no longer have access to a screen calibration spider, but I'm working on a modern M1 Mac if that helps?

Hi Amar, just a short note to say that I'm going to send some pics for printing soon (early Nov probably).

Do you have any tips for calibration so that what I see on my screen is broadly how the print ends up? I no longer have access to a screen calibration spider, but I'm working on a modern M1 Mac if that helps?

@JTC Sorry for the late reply - just seen this.

Ideally you'd need to calibrate your screen to ensure accurate screen to print matching.

It's comes down to the monitor you are using:
  1. It needs to be capable of displaying as much of the full Adobe RGB (not sRGB) colour space as possible.
  2. It needs to be calibrated to ensure that its output is accurately mapped to the Adobe RGB colour space.

There aren't really any shortcuts on this I'm afraid, although in my experience, if you are using an iMac, then it's not 'too far' off straight out of the box. The problem is Apple like to use their own DCI-P3 colour space rather than Adobe RGB. The iMac panels themselves are sufficiently wide gamut for satisfactory results to Adobe RGB, once calibrated.

I would recommend buying a second hand screen calibrator, using it and then selling on for minimal loss.

Hope this helps and happy to answer any more questions.

Amar

advertisement

Back