advertisement

Intona High Speed USB Isolator

The Intona Hi-Speed USB isolator is available directly from Purité Audio or EBay under our MOIMOIMOI banner.
Just search Intona.
Keith

A satisfied Itona customers thoughts,

Whilst waiting for the revised Intona to arrive, I tried out an Audioquest Jitterbug, placed in line at the Melco end and connected to the Devialet with a 75cm Chord Silver Plus USB cable. A definite change but not for the good – it certainly cleans up the sound, but in the process loses bite and impact and just makes the system sounds rather constrained and less enjoyable to listen to. With the Jitterbug removed the sparkle returns and so back to Amazon it goes…

With the Intona in circuit it’s not one of those night and day moments but one of those you find something is missing when it’s taken out again. I’m not one for quick A/B demos so left it in for a few days and then removed it. With the Intona in line, the sparkle remains and it removes a trace of digital harshness but not at the expense of clarity. Removed, the sound initially appears brighter but the slight harshness returns. What I find the Intona does is it brings purity (no pun intended) without loss of clarity – the sound is smoother without losing detail. At the other end of the spectrum there appears to be less low bass, but playing London Grammar  ‘Hey Now’ reveals more of those lovely bass textures in the deep synthesised bass. The bass is still there it’s just tighter and cleaner.

I could happily live without the Intona in my system as the Melco USB output is already so good, but for me, adding the Intona enhances the qualities I like in my system without any obvious downsides.

Keith.

Intona as USB extender,
Quote,
'I have had the base model intona for a few weeks now. I just wanted to report a slightly different application for it.

My server is pretty far away from my Lynx Hilo and Mola Mola DAC. I've tried a number of USB extenders and I've always run into issues. For example, I used a Strartech Ethernet USB extender. It worked very well, but only under certain circumstances. For example, the Hilo would lose connection whenever I brought up the Hilo remote/mixer in my server. Okay so just leave it closed while music is playing. That's what I did but that's not very convenient when I was trying to take measurements.

USB doesn't go beyond 15' and I need something more reliable and robust but could go about 22'. The intona is the answer. My Hilo works great in all possible configurations including MCH and recording too. I can have Hilo remote working as well over USB while music is playing without issue. The bottom line is a solid trouble free connection to my PC. The intona is a keeper.

The sound is great. I don't want to say everything sounds soooo much better with it because that would just be BS. But it doesn't sound worse and that's good for me and my particular needs.'

Keith.

New batch of Intona HiSpeed USB isolators have arrived, these all have the revised firmware which ensures they work perfectly with all USB implementations.
Keith.

The Intona Hi-Speed USB isolator offers full galvanic isolation for your DAC, this could improve sound quality for any make of dac which does not include galvanic isolation, for example the Schitt range, Audiolab MDAC, Auralic etc.
Keith.

Purité Audio have both the 'standard' and 'industrial' versions of the Intona Hi-Speed USB isolator in stock, £195 and £250 respectively inc both vat and insured next day delivery.
Keith.

advertisement

Back