advertisement

internet radio suggestions

vuk

\o/ choose anarchy
i'm looking for an alternative to BBC radio 3 which i find has been getting worse in quality over the years. the sort of thing i don't like are stations that play only parts/movements of pieces and/or focus on popular stuff. also, it would be nice to have hosts (language doesn't matter, but english, french or spanish would be top choices), but not a deal-breaker.

vuk,
As you understand French, i would recommend France Musique. They're a bit Paris-centric and they talk a lot, but a lot of it is interesting and in-depth. Good on contemporary classical and baroque. Highlights for me include Christian Merlin's Sunday morning au cœur de l'orchestre; a good interview program (Les Grands Entretiens) on weekdays at 1 pm which is long enough (5 x 25' roughly) to go beyond the obvious; 2 decent jazz programs at 6 and 7 pm, plus the usual CD releases, live and recorded concerts. They keep old programs a long time, so there's a treasure trove of stuff to dig into if interested.

Radio Suisse Klassique and their Jazz station spend a fair bit of time on my pi. Radio 3 is unlistenable before 1300.

advertisement

Back