advertisement

Interesting new Streamer - Eversolo DMP-A6

Don't need the DAC and would love to see a pure 'transport' version, but if it integrates will with LMS that large screen does look lovely...
UPnP is a bit shaky because manufacturers don't follow the protocol tigthly. So if you have/use LMS/UPnP plugin I'm curious for your results. DSOTM is a good test piece. Now I sync an SBT to have a screen to my Gustard renderer/DAC.

My local dealer is going to carry the DMP-A6 and its 'Master' version as well. I'm going to organise a home-demo.

I'm a bit torn on whether to try both, since if the Master version was usefully better than the standard one it could feasibly also replace my DAC (though even then I suspect it would be something of a downgrade, but with my ears that might not matter so much).

Hope to find out soon.

Master version is a ridiculous jump up in price for what you get. Just demo the basic version on its own.

even if they do price match its a little dubious and will no doubt catch some out who may not know the correct MRSP.

Despite still not knowing whether Radio Paradise will work on it, I've taken the leap of faith. I love the Node 2i I have, but really want something with a screen and that can do away with my elderly music NAS drive. This does both. If it can't work with RP, I suspect it'll be added. Just have to wait for a couple of weeks for my order to be delivered, due to being on a later shipment...

even if they do price match its a little dubious and will no doubt catch some out who may not know the correct MRSP.
FWIW when I looked just there they'd updated the price to the same as everyone else's. I wonder if it was a mistake in the first place, maybe they added VAT on top by mistake (since the original price was inclusive of VAT) or something like that?

Looks amazing for the money. I would get one while it still is at this price. Once they jack up production due to all the good reviews and the thing is out of stock everywhere ...

Despite still not knowing whether Radio Paradise will work on it, I've taken the leap of faith. I love the Node 2i I have, but really want something with a screen and that can do away with my elderly music NAS drive. This does both. If it can't work with RP, I suspect it'll be added. Just have to wait for a couple of weeks for my order to be delivered, due to being on a later shipment...

I’m a little ignorant on these matters, but would a large USB stick in the back of the Node 2i not at least get rid of the elderly NAS drive? Cheap solution.

FWIW when I looked just there they'd updated the price to the same as everyone else's. I wonder if it was a mistake in the first place, maybe they added VAT on top by mistake (since the original price was inclusive of VAT) or something like that?
I think they just put the euro price instead of sterling without converting.

advertisement

Back