Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Equalisation Toy to Play With

Discussion in 'audio' started by slavedata, Apr 9, 2021.

1. slavedata

slavedata pfm Member

I found this on a US audio site. It's a plugin for Foobar2000 to enable you to plot a room frequency response and then apply equalisation within the Fooobar plug in to level the room's frequency response. Like all these tools it should have a properly calibrated microphone. However I had a Shure BG1.0 mike to hand that drove the software OK to try it out.

Once you have a room response you can tweak the curve down and A B compare with and without correction. Interesting fun on a miserable day.
    What would anyone suggest as a reasonably priced calibrated microphone? I know Tony has such a beast.

https://mathaudio.com/room-eq.htm

2. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member