advertisement

Interconnect advise please

hughmc2

pfm Member
Serious request -

Can anybody recommend some decent RCA interconnects ( ie, good tight fitting plugs and maybe a bit of shielding ) for under £35 that come in white or cream ?

and before anybody starts, to my cloth ears this is as good a reason as any for choosing an interconnect.

something with a synergy with Dulux Primrose White would be ideal ;)

I've some fancy Belkin ones in white (silver series?) that have a lot of shielding and are unused. I think they are longer than a meter though. I can check them out when I get home if you want?

Have a look on ebay for secondhand Atlas Equator (and/or the "Superior") - I sold a pair for about that a few months ago, they come in a nice pearly white, just the job.

That's OK. Hope you get what you're looking for. Have you tried tipp-ex? :D

Believe it or not I'm running 2 pairs of QED Ultraflat cable under the skirting to each speaker ( joined at each end. to increase the double the cross sectional area. impedance ? ) . Where they exit they are stained to match the Oak flooring. Unless you look for them they are invisible. :D

Sorry, I can't do the man-cave look - surrounded by old pizza boxes, used kleenex and last nights date slowly deflating behind the sofa.

Ah, a fellow OCD music enthusiast. I built a cabinet around my HiFi because I hate to look at it all!

Children have forced me to be less particular though. Now it's a case of hiding the gear from them!

You have to beat them a lot ;)

my lad is 6' 5" now, plays 2nd row, does security at "the Junction" and is one off his blackbelt in kick-boxing .....and still knows better than to go near my gear

pretty good considering his dinner weighs more than I do.

Have a look at Blue Jeans Cable (UK website, ship from US, customs paid) or Mark Grant Cables (look under digital cable if white "analogue" is out of stock).

I've some fancy Belkin ones in white (silver series?) that have a lot of shielding and are unused. I think they are longer than a meter though. I can check them out when I get home if you want?

^those would be very ideal, bought many pairs off eBay for the price of a few (london) pints.

edit:

i think the SKU is either:

AV20303ng06-WHT

or

AV50300-08

......Sorry, I can't do the man-cave look - surrounded by old pizza boxes, used kleenex and last nights date slowly deflating behind the sofa.
Really like that. Got to remember to use it somewhere before I forget it.

Steve

Mark Grant Cables - check the www
Canare LV61S analogue stereo interconnects - White
Made to any length you want - 1/2n = £25 1m = £26

Excellent cable at the price
Superb tight fit tooled crimp fitted Canare 75ohm RCA's
Soft pliable, easy wipe clean to please those in charge of decore & domestic engineering matters

QED QNECT1.

and we have a winner !

got a QED QUNEX1 off a mate. and a white power cable :D

thanks to everyone else for their suggestions.

ps. this all came about because I had a bonus ( 4 figures ) and for the first year in a long time I could spend it all on me. So far I have persuaded myself to spend £70 on some granite and perspex, £10 on the QED lead and £3 on a still part shrink wrapped, mint copy of The Jeff Healey Band's ~ See the Light. Yep £3 ! courtesey of Age Concern when we were dropping off 5 bags of clothes.

what a tight git I am

advertisement

Back