advertisement

Integrated Amp

ian1948

Hi all. I recently took advice from this group and others and added a Cambridge CXN V2 streamer to my “olives” Naim system and I’m very pleased.

Now for something a bit more radical. I’m thinking of moving on the NAC 102 preamp (with NAPSC 2) the NAP 140 power amp and Avondale APX2 power supply. I hope to keep my Credo speakers. I’m considering replacing that lot with an integrated amp possibly a SimAudio Moon 240i or a Rega Elicit R.

First question is will my speakers be ok in such a set up and would I need to carry on using Naim speaker cable? But also what comments or advice can you offer on such a change (some would call heresy)?

Would be buying “used” to keep spend down to £1-1.5k.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I recently took advice from this group and others and added a Cambridge CXN V2 streamer to my “olives” Naim system and I’m very pleased.

Now for something a bit more radical. I’m thinking of moving on the NAC 102 preamp (with NAPSC 2) the NAP 140 power amp and Avondale APX2 power supply. I hope to keep my Credo speakers. I’m considering replacing that lot with an integrated amp possibly a SimAudio Moon 240i or a Rega Elicit R.

First question is will my speakers be ok in such a set up and would I need to carry on using Naim speaker cable? But also what comments or advice can you offer on such a change (some would call heresy)?

Thanks in advance.
Why not try a Supernait?

Why not try a Supernait?
That's what I was thinking. Not familiar with the original but the SN2 is really good and tidy to look at. Mate has one fed by Sonos streamer and it sounds bloody good to me. He has PMC speakers though, not Credo.

I would save money and get a NAC 72, you may get more satisfaction. All the rest of your gears are very good IMO.
NAC72/140 is very nice too and probably more groovy.

SN2 just seems like a safer bet to me, if mixing with modern kit.

Thanks in advance.

Your budget is close to be looking into s/h SN2 or Aethos area, both of which is much more powerfull than a 140, bet Credo's will be happy or you could consider SBL.
No idea about a Cambridge streamer but my experience with Cambridge source (and amps) were so so meh.

I would jettison the Cambridge and get the best Hegel you can afford. Fit and forget one box simplicity.

Last edited:
Your budget is close to be looking into s/h SN2 or Aethos area, both of which is much more powerfull than a 140, bet Credo's will be happy or you could consider SBL.
No idea about a Cambridge streamer but my experience with Cambridge source (and amps) were so so meh.
cheapest aethos I have seen is 2k , one in Stockton on tees at 2k now

Thanks in advance.

The review I just read (What Hi-Fi) mentioned the Roksan K3, I have a K3 and I am very pleased with it. (the bluetooth is a bonus, I rarely use it, but sounds/works well if I do)

at Richer Sounds and other places.

https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/amplifiers-receivers/roksan-k3-integrated-amp-charcoal-soc.html

advertisement

Back